cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximimus VI Formual - 780 Ti

Geforce
Level 7
Hi having problems with my Geforce780 Ti and setting the correct Parameters,
Graphics Card is working with Youtube , in -games Windows etc.
But when I want to run Unigine Valley Benchmark, PC cashes( black screen) basic settings. I have tried the latest Drivers
340.43( Beta) and 337.88. Here is a Crash test report:

computer name: ******
windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
windows dir: C:\Windows
Hardware: All Series, ASUS, ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., MAXIMUS VI FORMULA
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz Intel586, level: 6
8 logical processors, active mask: 255
RAM: 17115131904 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 1934729216

Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Fri 04.07.2014 15:42:31 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\070414-8814-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (nvlddmkm+0x9A3608)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA800CDB44E0, 0xFFFFF880103DA608, 0xFFFFFFFFC000009A, 0x4)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 340.43
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 340.43
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 340.43 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

On Fri 04.07.2014 15:42:31 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys (0xFFFFF880103DA608)
Bugcheck code: 0x116 (0xFFFFFA800CDB44E0, 0xFFFFF880103DA608, 0xFFFFFFFFC000009A, 0x4)
Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\nvlddmkm.sys
product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 340.43
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 340.43
Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys (NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 340.43 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

Can someone with good knowledge help me set the correct setting / parameters for my Graphics Card.
I had a Technician come and take a look, he said the Graphics Card is running fine and the problem lies with the parameters settings,
However he did not know enough about the 780 Ti to set up the correct Parameters.
3 REPLIES 3

jh30uk
Level 10
No clue what that tech is saying and doubt he does either.

There is not much to set up in Mobo bios for a GPU, it should all be fine by default.

If the Mobo is faulty sure it can act up but its hard to tell if Mobo or GPU or PSU are to blame for issues unless you have spares to swap and fault find.

What make and model is your PSU?

jab383
Level 13
From the check description, it appears that the GPU may have frozen. I get that error a lot when overclocking the integrated GPU in the Haswell CPUs. Are you overclocking either the CPU or GPU?

There is a BIOS setting on the M6F Extreme Tweaker > Tweaker's Paradise > PCIE clock amplitude. That setting should be at the highest, +5 if I remember correctly.

There are also settings in Advanced > System Agent for the PCIE speeds. Auto should work well. Does GPU-Z or Asus GPU Tweak show the PCIE running as x16 and PCIe3 speed when loaded? (It may slow to PCIe1 speed to save power when idling.)

Others will have to help with the 780Ti.

Jeff

HiVizMan
Level 40
What PSU are you using?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.