cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SupremeFX sound settings - Maximus VII Ranger

Mohawk1967
Level 7
Hello! Sound software forgets Sonic Studio settings :confused: This happends always every second time. If I check settings they are okey, but if I do it again, settings are nullified. Does anyone else have this proble? System: Windows 8.1, Maximus VII Ranger, headphones in rear panel.
24 REPLIES 24

Shingy
Level 7
I have the same motherboard. My speaker/headphones settings save when I close the app but it is the microphone Sonic Studio settings which always reset to default when I reopen it. I'm on Windows 7 64 bit.

Gharvar
Level 7
Same problem... does anyone have an answer ?

Mohawk1967
Level 7
No answer. What bios are you using? I upgraded to 4th version before installing operating system. There seems to be a newer 5th bios. Improves system performance = bugs happens more earlier?

I manually installed latest drivers. Didn't use the DVD. Windows 8.1, Intel chipset software, Intel Management Engine Interface, lan, audio, nVidia, ramdisk. Sound software must be buggy or it conflicts with ramdisk for example.

HiVizMan
Level 40
I do not have the board but will elevate this to the guys at HQ
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Oshinigami
Level 7
Hey guys,

I've got the same problem. I really hate the Sonic Studio with the Microphone as it muffles it and delays it and it's basically the worst thing I've ever had the displeasure of using; however every time I seem to leave the microphone setting pages of Windows or even the Realtek Control Panel, it resets it and turns Sonic Studio back on (even though it doesn't highlight it).

For the love of GOD is there any fix to just permanently disable this blasphemy from ever turning itself on? If I want this garbage Sonic Studio on, I'll enable it myself; but having it set to default permanently is absurd.

Oshinigami wrote:
Hey guys,

I've got the same problem. I really hate the Sonic Studio with the Microphone as it muffles it and delays it and it's basically the worst thing I've ever had the displeasure of using; however every time I seem to leave the microphone setting pages of Windows or even the Realtek Control Panel, it resets it and turns Sonic Studio back on (even though it doesn't highlight it).

For the love of GOD is there any fix to just permanently disable this blasphemy from ever turning itself on? If I want this garbage Sonic Studio on, I'll enable it myself; but having it set to default permanently is absurd.

Completely agree with this, the SonicStage software is terrible, bad move by Asus imo.

pguasta
Level 7
Any news about this?
I have a Maximus VII Hero and I still cannot save the settings (I downloaded the V7272 driver)

Best regards.

mcwizardry
Level 7
Same issue here, Maximus VII / Ranger V7272 driver. What settings do you guys use in Sonic Studio? Which ones are optimal? Sometimes it seems to switch between profiles at random ( Movies, Games ).

mcwizardry wrote:
Same issue here, Maximus VII / Ranger V7272 driver. What settings do you guys use in Sonic Studio? Which ones are optimal? Sometimes it seems to switch between profiles at random ( Movies, Games ).

My Sonic Studio for audio output is globally set to off. I found the dynamic adjustments to be really irritating and I'm not knowledgeable enough about the equalizer to use it properly. It's mainly the fact that the microphone settings reset EVERY time it is used which REALLY irritates me and is making me regret buying this motherboard (Ranger) instead of the Z97-A.