Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

I have dE as well, seems that the mb works just fine. I want to ensure this is not faulty or would be A "faulty" in the future, - please tell us what is the EXACT meaning of "dE" ... - Thank's again! (this is a wonderful board, looking great and preforming very well.) my self have a ASUS Rampage II Extreme as my main computer, wouldn't go any where without ASUS, love their products and support. Very organized, well thought and great products overall! THANK YOU ASUS!

ROG Enthusiast Array

I too got the dE, never seen it before.
    It happened AFTER i went back to onboard sound, and install the latest sound driver, its picky at the best of times.
    If you don't have the AI Suite installed some stupid ATKEX_cmd.exe crashes on boot every time.
    No biggy my DAC turns up tomorrow so won't need to worry anymore.

Though it could mean driver ERROR

Last edited by schoolofmonkey; 07-28-2014 at 10:51 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by schoolofmonkey View Post
    I too got the dE, never seen it before.
    It happened AFTER i went back to onboard sound, and install the latest sound driver, its picky at the best of times.
    If you don't have the AI Suite installed some stupid ATKEX_cmd.exe crashes on boot every time.
    No biggy my DAC turns up tomorrow so won't need to worry anymore.

Though it could mean driver ERROR
    Maybe I can be of help. I too only got the dE code since updating my bios, today actually, currently running version 1104. After setting up all my fans and other things in the new bios (non-OC), I installed new audio drivers since some of the old BIOS updates mentioned that it'd be better to update those drivers too. I installed... that : "Realtek_Audio_Win7-8-8-1_V6017272" without any problem. It is then that I saw dE for the first time, can't say if it was here before. After searching around, being sleepy and a little too persistent, I stumbled upon my own device manager, and saw an unknown device pointing its nose. Searching a little more, I found that I never installed Intel Management Engine Interface, which comes on the support disk in the same version as on the Asus site. (Probably seen things like "this is fo' remote PC and stuff" and backed off from it.) Now that this is installed, I don't have any unknown device anymore, and my Q-code is now A0 after boot, which is an IDE thing that doesn't really matter if I recall, but it's what I saw everytime before updating my BIOS anyway.

So yeah. Tell me if this helps in any way. =)
    Last edited by Gortall; 08-30-2014 at 06:06 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I've actually got my second Hero board, it too has the d3 error after first installing the audio drivers.
    Reboot a second time after installing and you never see it again.

Must be something in the driver no communicating properly the first time.
    Last edited by schoolofmonkey; 09-17-2014 at 06:48 AM.

New ROGer Array

I believe it is Sonic Soundstage default mode. If you press the Sonic Soundstage button on the motherboard (the black one, the red one is CMOS Clear!), it will cycle between 01, 02, 03, 04, and dE
    I don't find it in the manual but it seems pretty logical it's just cycling between Soundstage audio modes. (FPS, Racing, Fighting, Sports, Default)

New ROGer Array

Code d3

I am getting a code "d3"

my system
    crosshair hero vii
    evga clc 280
    Ryzen 2700x
    Rog rtx 2070 O8G
    G.SKILL Trident Z RGB (For AMD) 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800) Desktop Memory Model F4-3600C18D-16GTZRX

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Puffnstuff's Avatar

It's on page 1-30 of the owners manual.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2