cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VII Hero Q-Code dE ?!?!?!

IcedBerryTR92
Level 7
Hi together,

i´ve an issue with my VII Hero. My PC does not Start Up.

My Q-Code LED says: dE
please help me ^^".

My SetUp:
Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D
CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3
Mainboard: VII Hero (BIOS: 0904)
Graphic: 2x GTX 760 Striker (331.82WHQL)
SSD: 2x Crucial M500 (240GB)
RAM: 4x 4GB G.Skill RipJaws (1600MHz)
PSU: Corsair AX760
CPU-Cooler: Corsair H105
17 REPLIES 17

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please check that you do have all the PSU connectors fitted, especially the 12 EPS connectors.

Try removing your motherboard from the case, and with one stick of ram, one VGA and no hard drive see if your system will post to BIOS.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

IcedBerryTR92
Level 7
Hello HiVizMan,

i´ve updatet my BIOS to: 1002 and now it works. But can u tell me where i can find an complete Q-Code List? Google won´t tell me this...

Thanks 🙂

HiVizMan
Level 40
It is listed in your user manual - I kid you not. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Sparax
Level 9
The Q-Code List is in the manual but it does not mention the DE code it only shows DA, DB & DC

HiVizMan
Level 40
SEC Error Codes

0C - Reserved for future AMI SEC error codes
0D - Reserved for future AMI SEC error codes
0E - Microcode not found
0F - Microcode not loaded

Suspect it is OE that you are seeing.

mcgintydm1984
Level 7
I also have received error code dE. It definitely was not 0E... although, while dE was displayed - my system was running ok in Windows so it didn't seem to affect anything.

HiVizMan
Level 40
6E - System Agent DXE initialization (System Agent module specific) Maybe?

IcedBerryTR92
Level 7
Hi HiVizMan,

i swear it shows dE. But after an Bios update it was all ok.

HiVizMan
Level 40
I hear you mate, I have seen some very odd things on the LED poster in my time.

Now all that is important to me is that your system is fine and you are a happy camper. Enjoy your system Icedberry