cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is the usual gpu temp of g750js while gaming?

braxxx
Level 7
i just bought a g750js-rs71. Gpu temp reached 85-88c while playing Assassin's creed 4. i also own a g75vw and played the same game with it and the gpu temp only went up to 65-70c. are the new g750js normally run that hot or i just got a bad apple? any thoughts guys?
7 REPLIES 7

theclaw37
Level 9
Mine stays between 75-80 C while gaming.

xdon82
Level 7
for most GPUs the max safe temp is 80C [+/-] - safe for BGA
much more than 80C also reduces performance

However this problem will dissapear in 10years 😛 - graphene

dblkk
Level 7
max temp for the cpu in the asus notebooks is 100c, the computer then throttles itself until temps are back down
max temp for the cpu in the asus notebooks is 92c, the computer then throttles itself until temps are back down

I'd say that your 85-88c is a tad higher than ive seen on my JS model, But every game and every grahics setting yields different temperatures. Titanfall runs around 82-85c on mine, borderlands 2 runs about 75c. COD Ghosts ran around 78-80c, and I cant remember skyrim but it wasn't very high either.

Overall your temps are +/- 2-3c above average, but assassins creed is alsoa huge graphics demanding game. Plus ambient temperatures could easily explain a few degree difference as well. If your that concerned, then you can open up the gpu tweak program, and have gpu fans run at max speed. That will surely bring temps down.

Otherwise, temp wise, it shouldn't really matter unless your sky high with temps and its effecting your gameplay. Otherwise these are laptops, small enclosure, small fans, with high performance parts, they cant do it all and run low temps. So like I said, as long as your not experiencing any problems during gameplay, your fine. and your temps are hit or miss a few degrees off the average.

thanks for the info dblkk. i did try using the gpu tweak and run the gpu fan to full speed and the temp went down to 77c but now i can hear the fan running. its not loud but noticeable. i guess putting all the setting to high or ultra in games adds stress to the gpu hence the temp increase.

Maxter
Level 9
Make sure there is space behind the computer so it can exhaust all the air out without bringing it back in...

Maxter wrote:
Make sure there is space behind the computer so it can exhaust all the air out without bringing it back in...

Very true, I remember reading somewhere there should be like 12-18" of clearance.

braxxx
Level 7
thanks for the info guys. i did run a stability test using Furmark Open GL Benchmark GPU Burner for at least an hour with 97% gpu load, the temp stayed within 82c to 83c withouth the gpu fan running at full. is this a good enough temp?