cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

win 7 download site?

WHO_FARTED_
Level 10
Can you download win 7 from microsoft? Or is there a legit site to download it from if you have a key?
12 REPLIES 12

DaemonCantor
Level 13
You can purchase it from Microsoft and then Download it but you'll get a new key, as to having a legal key there are sever ways to getting a new copy but I can't talk about Piratebay here...

Kipper
Level 10
If you have a legit key of your own you can borrow the disc from a friend but you will need the disc that corresponds to the key you have. i.e. if you have upgrade key then you will need an upgrade disc, etc....

You could also call MS and ask them to sell you a replacement disc and they will most likely give you a download link based on your key. Worth a try.

Kipper wrote:
You could also call MS and ask them to sell you a replacement disc and they will most likely give you a download link based on your key. Worth a try.

that's the think to do if you have a key of a retail copy, if it's an OEM they will ask you to contact the manufacturer of the PC. It'S free , before they charge $ 10 when they was sending a DVD MS will give you a link to digital river to download it. Now if it's a key of an OEM purchase on an online retailler good luck., MS let them sell it, but it's not supose to be, so they will not support it.

xeromist
Check out this thread over on nbr
http://forum.notebookreview.com/windows-os-software/428068-legal-windows-7-download-links-just-like-...
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Area_66
Level 11
Ya, I have those link too, but on some forums they don't allow to post it , they said it's not ok to use the bandwidth of Digital Rivers without their permission, as you have no way fomd them without direct link.

MarkedOne wrote:
Ya, I have those link too, but on some forums they don't allow to post it , they said it's not ok to use the bandwidth of Digital Rivers without their permission, as you have no way fomd them without direct link.

*shrug* It is provided as a public and unsecured resource. If they were concerned about a few people direct linking they would have implemented some sort of security by now. I'm sure they wouldn't be too happy about these being published on the front page of a major newspaper but a few forum users around the internet are not going to make an appreciable dent.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

DaemonCantor
Level 13
Thank you zeromist, They worked I got a copy from here now I can put my original away for safety....

Chastity
Level 10

Area_66
Level 11
hummm I download mine direct from Microsoft Technet, here only the list of my Windows 7 ISO french and English , I have 5 keys for each of them except the enterprise that I can install as much as I want. Of course for lab purpose only, no production.