cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: Black screen after changing Bios G75VW

hitch026
Level 7
I got this black screen right after changing boot priority as I plan to reformat
It currently has Windows 7 installed.

right after I save changes and exit to restart. It's just black screen all the way.
Keyboard Lits for seconds normally when boot but no screen 😧

I have tried all methods I have read on this thread

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?38669-G750JW-Blank-Screen-after-BIOS-changes-SOLVED

But still nothing..

Please I need assistance on what else to do.
7 REPLIES 7

Clintlgm
Level 14
There are multiple threads for this, if you still have your original windows installed you can do the CTL HOME routine try it several times. If you have clean installed or some other way removed the BIOS for from the root of your C:\ Drive. Don't bother as that is the file that EZFlash will look for.

USB thumb drive should be formatted FAT32

The USB thumb drive if you try this be sure to extract the downloaded BIOS directly to the root of your USB Thumb drive. Do No Extract/Unzip to your hard drive and then copy to USB Drive

It is very important to unzip the file directly to your USB Thumb drive.

Also take note that using the right side USB ports there have been issues with the left side ports they are on a daughter board so why take a chance.

You must know by now that if you can't resolve this you'll have to RMA
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

hitch026
Level 7
yea im trying.. when i did the ctrl home.. key board lights stayed on but still black screen.. did it more 15times.. nothin .. havent tried consistently with usb with bios though

can u telll me how exactly should i do the routine?

No I read about it in that thread from the G750 forum that linked. That's the only time I have heard of that working using CTL + Home key and a USB thumb drive!. That's the only time I have heard of anyone that got that to work. You have to hold the Ctl and Home key while you boot until Ezflash starts. You have to have the G75.bin file still on your hard drive and that file has to be not corrupted. If you did a clean install you will have removed that file. and you'll have to get in on the Root of your C:\
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

hitch026
Level 7
I have had my bios reprogrammed by repair..
however My keyboard lights stopped working. unfortunately I havent had enough time to have it checked.

anyone here knows what the reason would be 😞 I have installed all necessary drivers after clean reinstall of windows..

hitch026 wrote:
I have had my bios reprogrammed by repair..
however My keyboard lights stopped working. unfortunately I havent had enough time to have it checked.

anyone here knows what the reason would be 😞 I have installed all necessary drivers after clean reinstall of windows..

When Windows loads to your desktop try this hit fn+f4
In my experience when the BIOS is flashed, or re-flashed you need to hit fn+f4 to turn on keyboard lights.

Hope works for you!
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

GottiBoi55
Level 10
If that doesn't work and you still have your factory installation of windows, then it should still have the "BIOS Bat file".
If so then you can try running the "ctrl+home+power" procedure again.
This will re-flash the BIOS back to the factory installed version.
That should solve your issue, then you can update BIOS. (remember to hit fn+f4 after the procedure to turn on lights)
My suggestion would be to update to v.210 only ( v-BIOS update contained within), this version works the best for me.
I've tested all versions, and v.210 works the best.

Good luck my friend.
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

Yes I'll second that. I have stopped upgrading my BIOS at 210, I have only seen bad things happen with 222 and 223. And no one that has either of these BIOS Version has been able to explain to me that anything worked better after the update. And many have bricked their Notebooks doing it.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro