cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG OC Panel Issue

Jet1337
Level 7
I've installed the OC Panel on my pc, and when I turn it on all the numbers are 0s. Does this thing even work with my mobo, which is the R4E Black Edition?
6 REPLIES 6

Ledge
Level 7
If your getting only zeros i would suspect that your cable is not properly connected. I also have the Rampage IV black edition and oc panel, and the end of the cable that fits into the OC panel is not a very good fit. If possible boot with the side cover open and see if you get any output if you push the connector in. I Trimmed back the plastic sheath slightly on mine to try and get a slightly better fit but it is still a little loose.

chrisnyc75
Level 12
Yeah, I had the same problem with the OC panel at first until I re-seated the cable a few times. Not sure why, but it seems it's tricky to get it plugged in just right.
Asus RIVBE • i7 4930K @ 4.7ghz • 8gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 CL8
2xSLI EVGA GTX 770 SC • Creative X-Fi Titanium • 2x 840 SSD + 1TB Seagate Hybrid
EVGA Supernova 1300W• Asus VG278H & nVidia 3d Vision
Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/ custom watercooling:
XSPC Raystorm (cpu & gpu), XSPC Photon 170, Swiftech D5 vario
Alphacool Monsta 360mm +6x NB e-loop, XT45 360mm +6x Corsair SP120

chrisnyc75 wrote:
Yeah, I had the same problem with the OC panel at first until I re-seated the cable a few times. Not sure why, but it seems it's tricky to get it plugged in just right.

Mine worked fine for a year but then stopped working and no lights on the front panel. I had to reset the cables a few times and then it started working again. The cable plugs are really sensitive, REALLY!!

HiVizMan
Level 40
OP please confirm that cable seating has resolved this issue.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

i got rid of the OC panel and installed the ROG Front Base panel, i like it alot better then the OC panel was worth the money

[/HR]

[/HR]

Jet1337
Level 7
Sorry for the late response. It finally worked once I pushed in on the cable a little.