Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40
  1. #21
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    4

    Hi,

    Ya I still have the same problem. ASUS told me to have a replace MB but I still dont believe it. I read the following site http://rog.asus.com/317732014/maximu...rboard-owners/ and it seems there is help but after several tries, it still doesnt work.

    They are recommending to upgrade the firmware to WB035v35.h00 which already obsoleted. Latest firmware is FB035v44.H00.

    I wonder how the M7H owners resolved their problem with ROG Front Base.. seriously I can only imagine..

  2. #22
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    19

    have you try USB mode? if you dont need OC function USB mode should be work

  3. #23
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    57

    Wish I seen that post before I bought the panel, worse purchase ever! I have a Maximus VII Ranger and the panel will only function fully with BIOS 0707. I have a Devils Canyon CPU so I need to update the BIOS but no matter what new BIOS version I install I either lose the Frequency display, the Edit function, Fan speeds or Volume. I even tried upgrading the driver for the panel and going through all the BIOS's one by one but still the issue occurs. Did Asus even test this product?

  4. #24
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    57

    Bizarre to say the least but here goes. Now this has worked for me on the VII Ranger:

    1. Make sure your BIOS version is 0707
    2. Update the panel to ROG Front Base Driver V1.01.06 (With ASUS ROG Connect Plus V1.00.24) via USB connection. Shut down PC and connect the panel back and start up PC.
    3. In control panel uninstall With ASUS ROG Connect Plus V1.00.24
    4. Now update the BIOS to version 1104
    5. Update the panel to ROG Front Base Driver V1.01.11 (With ASUS ROG Connect Plus V1.00.28) via USB connection. Shut down PC and connect the panel back up.
    6. Now rollback the BIOS on the board to version 0809

    Don't ask me why or how I even came up with it but it's now working 100% for me, hope it can help someone else

  5. #25
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    57

    Does not work with the new BIOS 2101 on VII Ranger and now for some reason that BIOS update has been removed from the site.

  6. #26
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    I have Maximus vii ranger with bios 2304 and front base fw v44. I dont use oc, so I dont install asus suite. In my case the front panel works too. If you dont see the CPU frequency, have a look at the windows services (run: services.msc)! There must be 4 asus services running (Asus Com Service, Asus HM Com Service, Asus System Control Service and AsusFanControlService) and of course must be runing the wonderbox (wboxtt.exe) from the autorun or the Task Scheduler. With these services and wboxtt, the front panel shows the right frequency, the rpm and the temp.

  7. #27
    ROG Member Array Einstein PC Specs
    Einstein PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Hero V2601
    ProcessorIntel i7 4790k Devils Canyon
    Memory (part number)Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB 2133Mhz DDR4
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4GB OC EDITION
    Sound CardAsus Supreme FX
    MonitorLG Ultrawide 29 IPS
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD
    Storage #2Western Digital 2TB
    CPU CoolerRaijintek Triton
    CaseCorsair 450D
    Power SupplyCorsair RM 1000 + Corsair Red Braided Professional Cables
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Asus Strix 7.1
    Mouse Pad Steelseries
    Headset/Speakers Creative Speakers
    OS Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
    Network RouterTP LINK N Gigabit 300Mbps
    Accessory #1 GPU Cooler : Kraken G10 + Kraken X31
    Accessory #2 Asus ROG Front Base V44
    Accessory #3 Enermax TB Vegas Fans

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    I just bought the Rog Front Base and the only thing is working is cpu - mb temperature and fan speed. NO edit mode NO usb mode NO equalizer mode NO escape button working NO oc button Working nothing... Pls anyone can help i did a lot of research but still nothing. i havent manage to solve the problem.

  8. #28
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by hellboy99 View Post
    Bizarre to say the least but here goes. Now this has worked for me on the VII Ranger:

    1. Make sure your BIOS version is 0707
    2. Update the panel to ROG Front Base Driver V1.01.06 (With ASUS ROG Connect Plus V1.00.24) via USB connection. Shut down PC and connect the panel back and start up PC.
    3. In control panel uninstall With ASUS ROG Connect Plus V1.00.24
    4. Now update the BIOS to version 1104
    5. Update the panel to ROG Front Base Driver V1.01.11 (With ASUS ROG Connect Plus V1.00.28) via USB connection. Shut down PC and connect the panel back up.
    6. Now rollback the BIOS on the board to version 0809

    Don't ask me why or how I even came up with it but it's now working 100% for me, hope it can help someone else
    Quote Originally Posted by Einstein View Post
    I just bought the Rog Front Base and the only thing is working is cpu - mb temperature and fan speed. NO edit mode NO usb mode NO equalizer mode NO escape button working NO oc button Working nothing... Pls anyone can help i did a lot of research but still nothing. i havent manage to solve the problem.
    Maybe tell us what you HAVE done to install the ROG Front Base?

    See the first quote as an example - -

    What versions of software did you install, and in what order?

    That will help for providing advice...

  9. #29
    ROG Member Array Einstein PC Specs
    Einstein PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Hero V2601
    ProcessorIntel i7 4790k Devils Canyon
    Memory (part number)Kingston Hyper X Fury 16GB 2133Mhz DDR4
    Graphics Card #1MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4GB OC EDITION
    Sound CardAsus Supreme FX
    MonitorLG Ultrawide 29 IPS
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB SSD
    Storage #2Western Digital 2TB
    CPU CoolerRaijintek Triton
    CaseCorsair 450D
    Power SupplyCorsair RM 1000 + Corsair Red Braided Professional Cables
    Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Asus Strix 7.1
    Mouse Pad Steelseries
    Headset/Speakers Creative Speakers
    OS Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit
    Network RouterTP LINK N Gigabit 300Mbps
    Accessory #1 GPU Cooler : Kraken G10 + Kraken X31
    Accessory #2 Asus ROG Front Base V44
    Accessory #3 Enermax TB Vegas Fans

    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by badBiOS View Post
    Maybe tell us what you HAVE done to install the ROG Front Base?

    See the first quote as an example - -

    What versions of software did you install, and in what order?

    That will help for providing advice...


    ok i connect the front base and only temperature was working. after i change the version of my mb bios to v2601. it start showing also the fans rpm. i reinstall the cables and everything was working except the cpu frequency. i try to reinstall the v44 frirmware and now nothing is working. everyhting is 000 . no time nothing and in the right corner before was M7H now is USB. thats my story . pls if anyone can guide me what to do to fix it.

  10. #30
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    57

    I can confirm that the panel fully functions with MB BIOS 2601 and FRONTBASE V10111

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •