cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS G750JS AUOB173HW02 V1 Faint Vertical Lines

IceEdelweiss
Level 7
Hi All,

I would like to know whether u guys experience this kind of phenomenon with AUO B173HW02 V1 matte screen.
If you guys set ur desktop wallpaper for this kind of image below:

http://hdfons.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Japanese-Hiccup-Dragon-from-How-to-Train-Your-Dragon-Wa...

Can you see any faint vertical lines on the blue sky part, especially on the right part of the screen. (under its wings)

Just want to verify that this is normal.

Thanks!
14 REPLIES 14

hmscott
Level 12
IceEdelweiss wrote:
Hi All,
I would like to know whether u guys experience this kind of phenomenon with AUO B173HW02 V1 matte screen.
If you guys set ur desktop wallpaper for this kind of image below:
http://hdfons.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Japanese-Hiccup-Dragon-from-How-to-Train-Your-Dragon-Wa...
Can you see any faint vertical lines on the blue sky part, especially on the right part of the screen. (under its wings)
Just want to verify that this is normal.
Thanks!

IceEdelweiss, I have a G750JH with the AUO screen. Here are 2 closeup photo's of my screen with the jpg viewed through irfanview

This one with the jpg set as the desktop 🙂

braxxx
Level 7
Hi IceEdelwiss. i also have a G750js, i see the same thing on my display. i own an older g75vw and the display is far more better than than my g750js but i guess this is normal.

IceEdelweiss
Level 7
@hmscott, so far from my observation, your G750JH does not have this kind of phenomenon right?

From what I've observed, these vertical lines are caused by the grid effect of the pixels. Either maybe the distance between each column of the pixels are not uniform, non-uniform backlight or the anitglare coating can cause this thing.

How about others? Do you guys observe the same thing with G750JS model?

Thanks braxxx for the confirmation! 😄

IceEdelweiss wrote:
@hmscott, so far from my observation, your G750JH does not have this kind of phenomenon right?

Thanks braxxx for the confirmation! 😄

IceEdelweiss, my JH with the AUO and my JW and JX with Chi Mei have all been line free.

braxx or IceEdelweiss, can you please post screen photo's showing the lines?

braxxx
Level 7

here is my screen shot of the same photo from IceEdelweiss.

braxxx
Level 7

here is another shot of the image, it seems to be the same with hmscott's pics. its really faint or i'm just being critical to my laptop(it being new and expensive)? anyways, i'm still loving the machine. planning to under volt to shave off some celsius.

yeap.. if u can see below Hiccup's (armpit), you can see the vertical lines.. my friends observed it also, but I think it's just the way the screen built. Well, I hope ASUS will find better manufacturer for its screen (LG maybe?). G750 is a good machine, the screen is the only weak factor. Well, still waiting for other G750JS users though. 😄

IceEdelweiss
Level 7
any other response?

broadleaf
Level 7
The screen is bad.
You eather get AUO with vertical lines but good color/contrast etc which i really like(and responce time)
or you get chi-mei that produces flickering and checkerboard effect which imo is even worse.
Some people can't see any of this.
Im professional digital artist and i can see this.
Deal with it/thread (you will never get any official response here)
its not like i have enormous sense of self importance, its just that im importanter than most