cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FYI. New G750JS Replacement Working so far

Hucker42
Level 7
So on the second attempt I have now had a working G750JS for two weeks..first had a problem with fans spinning up to full speed when not under load, but was replaced with no issue from my online retailer in the UK.
It came with an 8Gb Samsung memory module and I have added 8Gb of Kingston Hyperx(DDR3L @ 1.35v) which works fine and I have
replaced one of the two 750Gb WD black 7200 hdd withs a Kingston Hyperx SSD......I have been running an undervolt on the CPU of -50 for about a week and that all looks good too at this stage, will see if I can squeeze more out of it when I am sure it is stable. So looking forward to be part of the ROG community!
3 REPLIES 3

Prostar_Compute
Level 9
Good to hear everything is stable! They're definitely nice systems. Are you seeing much of a performance bump from the HyperX memory?

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

Hucker42
Level 7
Not really right now...the performance gain that is obvious is from the 240Gb SSD. The extra 8Gb of RAM and the Hyperx module in particular is more down to cheap availability and therefore future proofing rather than immediate need.......not really pushing the memory at all......

Hucker42
Level 7
So another week in undervolt now at -70 are all stable so far. I am loving this laptop...no issues, screen is fantastic, performance is great....I have a triple screen 670 GTX SLI systems too...and struggling to find reasons to use it against this right now......