cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about upcoming PG278Q

fapman
Level 7
I'm currently on the waiting list in pre-order to get this monitor. But one thing that im little nervous is dead pixels and whats the policy with this monitor? How many dead pixel you have to have before Asus accepts RMA on it?

I'know that in first 14 days you can with any reason return it and sure i will if i find any stuck/dead pixels... But wondering just in case.

Also, and can Asus confirm that how strict is the quality control with new panel like this? So how likely is it to get dead pixels out of the box?

Cheers!
21 REPLIES 21

X-ROG
Level 15
No more than any other of our premium panels. The LCD is made exclusively for us and modern manufacturing techniques are high quality, but it's not military or hospital grade. I will find out the exact policy.

fapman
Level 7
So with premium-monitors, how big of a risk it is to get "Dead Pixel DOA"? How usual it is?

kkn
Level 14
there is always a chance that one or 2 will slip tru, or worst case get fkt under transport.

fapman
Level 7
That little bit conserns me, cause you usually can't RMA it when theres only 1-2 dead/stuck pixels. And then in 14 days i have to deal the hassle with returning it to the seller.

Cause when i'm going to spend 850€ to a monitor, i want it to be absolutely perfect. Later on in normal wear and tear if theres going to be dead pixels, thats pretty much fine and normal. But out of the box brand new is no no to me.

DeadMedic
Level 7
Best bet if dead pixels worry you is to wait & see if it's available at a local retail like MicroCenter or BB. They have flexible return policies. You'll pay a lot more & who knows if they'll be in stock though.

Choum
Level 7
I just received my pg278Q and out of the box it has 2 dead pixel...
It seems that to allow warranty your screen should have a minimum of 5 dead pixel as all other monitor from asus, I do not see special rule for "premium one"on the website.
All my previous monitor (dell, viewsonic) were having a zero defect pixel policy out of the box, and they were not at 800€.

I'm currently waiting answer from asus currently, they told me to send multiple photos for the moment.

Choum
Level 7
So Asus answer me: to be allow in warranty, a monitor need to have 5 dead pixel ...
For asus this monitor is "perfect".
For 800€, I'm in right to want a perfect product, so I return the monitor to the seller to have a full refund tomorrow.
:mad:

Kronvict
Level 9
I agree 100% with you. For the price of of PG278Q even 1 dead/lit pixel is unacceptable. Besides i have heard so many horror stories with Asus rma that i hope i don't have any problems when i buy mine but if there are any at all, back to the retailer it goes for exchange or refund.

X-ROG
Level 15
Please see the full policy regarding zero bright dot and zero dark dot here (under General ZBD policy):

http://www.asus.com/Monitors/ROG_SWIFT_PG278Q/HelpDesk_Warranty/