cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

win 7 or win 8.1

aliÃ_nlÃ_
Level 8
hi people! I want to ask to you should i setup win 8 for games or continue with win7 ?

thank you for your helps
10 REPLIES 10

X-ROG
Level 15
If Win 7 works fine for you don't worry about it. Maybe there's Win 9 out this year, but even if you do get 8.1 now you get 8.2 update for free.

For gaming performance - not much difference I'd say.

aliÃ_nlÃ_
Level 8
thank you ☺

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

aliÃ_nlÃ_
Level 8
than walk with win7 and wait for win8 or winx . thank you

OverC1ockeD
Level 7
Everything that you need to know to make a fully educated, intelligent decision is in this link-
http://www.itpro.co.uk/desktop-software/21919/windows-81-vs-windows-7-which-is-best-for-you

I've decided to go with Windows 8.1 and later on my youtube channel once I start it will be showing how to get that Windows 7 look and feel (including Aero which was removed from 8). Let me know your opinions on which you think is better. For me the choice was obvious. Especially after web surfing and netflix in screen in screen capability. I HATED 8 at first, then I grew to love it. I think you will too. All technology kinda comes in tic tocks though.

marialuiza
Level 7
yeah there are many differences between the gaming of these two

In the end the differences are minimal in performance and game specific.
But the learning curve is not. Do you really want to spend so many of your gaming hours getting a new OS to work the way you want?
Or would you rather not worry about games being occasionally 3% faster (not noticeable) and game more?

I went the wrong way, so many hours wasted learning and setting up Win8. But then I wised up and spent a little more time with my overclock. Much less time spent and much greater results.

Put your time and money in your Win7 machine.

khoidsart
Level 7
I think using an windows 8.1 is good. I am using windows 8.1, play game Battelfield 3 very goog and have not seen any bugs.
CPU: Intel i5 2500k | GPU: Asus GeForce GTX760 | Mootherboard: Asus Z77 | PSU: Cooler 1000W | RAM: 8GB | Monitor: Asus VG248

ggamdog1
Level 7
If you use a gaming laptop that has an optimus, I would say go for 8.1 instead of 7.