cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclocking Gryphon Z97

D___Angelo
Level 7
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the forum and over-clocking. So, I'm a complete novice. That said, here are my specs:

Am using this setup for 3D Parametric Modeling primarily using Inventor Software

Asus Gryphon Z97 mATX motherboard
Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 Chassis
Noctua (3) 120mm Intake & (1) 120mm rear Exhaust Fans
Corsair CS750M Power Supply (bottom mount)
Crucial Ballistix 32Gb - DDR3-1866 (PC3-14900) CL9 @ 1.5V
Samsung SSD 840 EVO - 250GB
Thermaltake Water III Extreme watercooler (top mount) - (2) 120mm exhaust &
has a USB interface for its own software. Only cooling the CPU.
(3) other Sata II HDD - 300G + 250G for Backup and one 250G for file storage.
Currently only have the 300G online for backup
Currently, no separate video card. Just using the onboard one.
LG Blue Ray DVD player
Windows 7 Pro x64 bit

So far, it's been a nice quite machine. I've had one problem, kind of, with it. While using the feature in the bios to switch from a box cooler to a water cooler, one or more of the settings were apparantly too high according to an Asus tech because it would give me a blue screen error saying something about a recent hardware change. [at the time of this happening I only had two memory sticks in and not four]. According to the tech, the quantity of memory sticks had nothing to do with the blue screen affect. Anyhow, I would really like to get some expert advice and detailed specifics on how to tweak my little but aggressive machine 🙂
Thanks in Advance,
Mike
2 REPLIES 2

kkn
Level 14
i do not know how the bios look on that board of yours, but you can see if its the similar setup on this and see if it works.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2157-Maximus-IV-Extreme-Bios-Sandybridge-CPU-Overview-and-C...

if it ends up in a constant reboot loop just press the cmos button on the back of the board ( a arrow in a circle way ) on the I/O shield.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Is that one kit of Ballistics ram or two kits combined?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.