ROG Member Array

G750JH or G750JZ? Or wait for the successor (G760?)?

Hello guys,

I finally gave up on my bricked G75VX. I have started looking for gaming notebook replacement. I am tempted to buy the G750JH over the G750JZ - I do not care about the Optimus feature, I do not like the thought of it not working. Stripped off of the Optimus feature, is it worth choosing the JZ over the JH? GPU performance difference is minute between the two it seems. Or should I wait for the next G-series?

Cheers.
    Asus G75VX, i7 3630QM, GTX 670MX, 32GB RAM, 1.5TB HDD - BRICKED... for the meantime

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

New G series will more than likely use broadwell and full Maxwell 870/880m (if that's what they will call them? Not sure)

But Broadwell isn't even announced as finished and with a set release date or anything, So 2015 would be best general guess. Maxwell 870/880m again not mentioned or given any kind of release date. So my best guess is asus next 'updated' g series, will be at least quarter 3 next year.

Now this is all just best guess, as absolutely nothing is for certain. But going with what we know and how things are normally done.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Symho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Josemikhail View Post
    Hello guys,

I finally gave up on my bricked G75VX. I have started looking for gaming notebook replacement. I am tempted to buy the G750JH over the G750JZ - I do not care about the Optimus feature, I do not like the thought of it not working. Stripped off of the Optimus feature, is it worth choosing the JZ over the JH? GPU performance difference is minute between the two it seems. Or should I wait for the next G-series?

Cheers.
    If your G75 it's ok you can wait for next generation of G series. If you want buy this gen I suggest G750JZ.
    ASUS G750JZ - T4044H with GX1000 black