Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Turn Off Logo Backlight?

larry_l
Level 7
Hello Again Folks:

My G750JZ arrived today. I'm so happy.

I've run backtracker to generate two flash drive, one for backup.

Tomorrow I'll install system backup software and start having fun.

One little thing bothers me.

This is a serious tool for my serious software development business.

I'd prefer not to have "Republic of Gamers" flashing at my clients when I'm sitting across a table from them.

After a couple of minutes of inactivity, the back light goes out. That looks better.

Thanks
Larry
5 REPLIES 5

Darnassus
Status Under Review
You can take it out by wedging out the shield I think. You can even change the color.

Darnassus wrote:
You can even change the color.

You can change the color? How? Maybe their is an option to turn the brightness down possibly.

Probably, its impossible. The only source of the light there is the white light from the back of the lcd. Look ,turn off the screen and the logo backlight will also turn off
This is simple design. At least this solution is applied in G56

If you want to reduce logo brigthness, just reduce it in the screen

If you want to change it permamently, then You have to remove lcd cover, put some material / tape on the logo inside and put it together again, but I do not recommend it... However, It's strange, that it gets You...

The light is provided by the backlight of the LCD, so it can't be disabled. Your best bet would be to get a "skin" for the laptop, or some sort of sticker, or some other means of covering it up, if you really need it hidden.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Torpedo499 wrote:
You can change the color? How? Maybe their is an option to turn the brightness down possibly.

Easily, you just take the shield out ( I think you just pull it out ) then apply a sheet of cellophane underneath. ;d