Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    G75VX + Ocz Agility 3 Sata problem.

    Hi! I have installed an Agility 3 in my g75, but i can´t get sata 3 to work. Crystaldiscinfo says that the SSD is a Sata 2 disc.
    Anyone who have had the same problem?



    ATTACH=CONFIG]38965[/ATTACH]
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos OCZ.jpg  


  2. #2
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro
    Clintlgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    111
    Posts
    4,174

    Do you have the latest Firmware for your drive.
    Do you have the latest Chipset drivers install?
    Do you have the latest IRST Drivers installed.
    Do you have the latest IME drivers installed.

    These can all be downloaded from Asus Support Download

    I personally would download the latest Intel Chipset, IRST IME direct from Intel website.

    These would be where I would start, just after checking on the OCZ support forum in case its a common problem easily fixed.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

    Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

  3. #3
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    Do you have the latest Firmware for your drive.
    Do you have the latest Chipset drivers install?
    Do you have the latest IRST Drivers installed.
    Do you have the latest IME drivers installed.

    These can all be downloaded from Asus Support Download

    I personally would download the latest Intel Chipset, IRST IME direct from Intel website.

    These would be where I would start, just after checking on the OCZ support forum in case its a common problem easily fixed.

    Thanks! But I have tried it all, still no luck. :/

  4. #4
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    And i was thinking of buying a new SSD, hopefully it´s the SSD that is faulty. But how can i find out?

  5. #5
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro
    Clintlgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    111
    Posts
    4,174

    on the manufactures website they will have a tool to check your hard drive.
    I personally use HD Tune however that a paid for program.
    I agree it appears that your having issues with the SSD your trying to work with I would still test it. you probably have some warranty left on it. most have at least 3 years good ones 5 years.

    I can tell you that hardly anyone here has had issues with Samsung Pros versions and Intel those two brands seem to be the best Samsung fastest and Intel the most reliable although 3 years warranty is pretty good so consider the Samsung Evo also.
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

    Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

  6. #6
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    on the manufactures website they will have a tool to check your hard drive.
    I personally use HD Tune however that a paid for program.
    I agree it appears that your having issues with the SSD your trying to work with I would still test it. you probably have some warranty left on it. most have at least 3 years good ones 5 years.

    I can tell you that hardly anyone here has had issues with Samsung Pros versions and Intel those two brands seem to be the best Samsung fastest and Intel the most reliable although 3 years warranty is pretty good so consider the Samsung Evo also.

    I tried to benchmark the SSD and it does get sata 2 speeds, even slower. About 120-180 MB/s. I will buy a new Samsung SSD, and hopefully it will work. Do both slots support Sata 3 on G75? Have tested both with no luck.

  7. #7
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro
    Clintlgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    111
    Posts
    4,174

    Yes both slots work SATA 3

    Here is what my 2 years old Liteon SSD this is what came from the factory in my notebook.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HD Tune Pro.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	38990
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HD Tune Pro 2.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	38991
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

    Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

  8. #8
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    Yes both slots work SATA 3

    Here is what my 2 years old Liteon SSD this is what came from the factory in my notebook.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HD Tune Pro.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	40.7 KB 
ID:	38990
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HD Tune Pro 2.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	45.9 KB 
ID:	38991

    Strange, may it be a driver issue? I have updated everything i can think of.

  9. #9
    ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array Clintlgm PC Specs
    Clintlgm PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Asus G752VY DH72
    MotherboardAsus Z97 Pro WiFi and /Z97 Pro A
    ProcessorI7 4790K
    Storage #1512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    Storage #21 TB Samsun 850 Pro
    CaseCool Master Haf
    OS Win 8.1 Pro and Win 10 Pro
    Clintlgm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Reputation
    111
    Posts
    4,174

    If you have the latest ChipSet, IRST, IME drivers those are the ones that control your hard drives. Did you have any luck on the OCZ support forum?
    Silly question you do have your hard drive to run in SATA mode AHCI Check your BIOS setting SSD will run much slower in legacy mode rather than AHCI mode?
    G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
    512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
    1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
    980m GTX 4 GB
    32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

    Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
    Windows 10 Pro
    Z97 -A
    Windows 10 Pro

  10. #10
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Clintlgm View Post
    If you have the latest ChipSet, IRST, IME drivers those are the ones that control your hard drives. Did you have any luck on the OCZ support forum?
    Silly question you do have your hard drive to run in SATA mode AHCI Check your BIOS setting SSD will run much slower in legacy mode rather than AHCI mode?

    I have checked other forums, and it seems i´m alone with this kind of problem. Yes, it runs in AHCI mode.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •