cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BSOB with new Rampage IV Extreme with Win7Pro 64bit in RAID

harrafox
Level 7
I have a new system I'm building that is getting the Blue Screen of Death when starting to load Windows 7 Pro 64Bit from DVD.

I have already updated to the latest BIOS as this was needed to support the CPU. I've set the motherboard SATA to RAID and created a RAID0 volume, 2 drives, in the Intel config. I've also selected the Intel RAID set at the primary boot device.

Once rebooted, Windows gets through the initial Loading Files, but once it tries to start / continue, it almost immediately freezes for a moment and then the BSOD.

Here is the config:

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Extended ATX Intel Motherboard

Intel Core i7-4820K Ivy Bridge-E Quad-Core 3.7GHz (Turbo 3.9GHz) LGA 2011 Processor

HyperX XMP 10th Anniversary Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

EVGA ACX Cooler GeForce GTX 780 Superclocked 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Video Card

AVerMedia Live Gamer HD - Capture & Share Your PC Game Footages C985 PCI-Express x1 Interface

Western Digital WD VelociRaptor WD1000DHTZ 1TB 10000 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive (x3)

ASUS Black 18X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA DVD-ROM Drive

CORSAIR Hydro Series H100i Extreme Performance Water/Liquid CPU Cooler. 240mm

Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Blue Edition - High Air Flow Full Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0

CORSAIR AXi series AX860i 860W Digital ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 Plue Platinum Certified Full Modular Active PFC Power Supply New 4th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready

Also, it's currently optimized for Air Cooled, not Water to minimize any issues getting started.

Any recommendations on where to go next with this? Thanks
1 REPLY 1

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello there.

I have build heaps of RAID systems in my time and at times it can seem a bit frustrating.

here is what I do.

Download the Microsoft USB tool and get your OS install placed on a USB stick.

Now pull all the SATA devices.

Make sure your SSD that will form your RAID are in the correct Intel SATA ports.

With only the USB device fitted, and the two SSD for the OS power up your system.

Create your RAID array if needed and then save and exit.

F8 to select your OS install USB and let the system run.

That is it, I have never had to do more than that.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.