cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile RAM

maxrealliti
Level 9
whether it is possible to switch profiles motherboards formula RAM between amp and xmp?? if not then it turns out I can not overclock the memory to 2400 or something, I do not understand
Ryzen 9 7950x (CPU) || Crosshair 670E Extrem (1510 Bios) (Motherboard) || F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5NR (C30 6000Mhz 1.4V) (RAM) || NZXT Z73 (Cooling) || PowerColor Red Devil Limited Edition RX 7900 XTX (GPU) || Samsung 980 PRO NVMe 1Tb (Hard Drive) || Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 2Tb (Hard Drive) X 2 || Seasonic Vertex gx-1200 (Power Supply) || Samsung odyssey g8 oled (Monitor) || Asus ROG Strix scope TKL (Keyboard) || ASUS ROG Gladius II (Mouse) || Win 11 Pro 22H2 (Operating System)
9 REPLIES 9

chrsplmr
Level 18
Max .. Welcome to ROG.

First, It is best to list the hardware we are talking about .. other than MB.
ie .. What memory are we talking about ? Is it 2400 ? Then it should be in the dropdown.
If not, You can always, if your memory can handle it, OC the memory manually. (If this is the case.) .c.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello there.

If you select DOCP as your mode of OC and then scroll down the drop down box for your memory to the XMP profile you will be good to go.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

maxrealliti
Level 9
I would like to know whether to admire at the RAM AMD profile AMP (http://www.radeonmemory.com/gamer_series.php) or better to take better XMP (http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f3-2400c10q-16gtx) ??
which choice would be better??
Ryzen 9 7950x (CPU) || Crosshair 670E Extrem (1510 Bios) (Motherboard) || F5-6000J3040G32GX2-TZ5NR (C30 6000Mhz 1.4V) (RAM) || NZXT Z73 (Cooling) || PowerColor Red Devil Limited Edition RX 7900 XTX (GPU) || Samsung 980 PRO NVMe 1Tb (Hard Drive) || Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 2Tb (Hard Drive) X 2 || Seasonic Vertex gx-1200 (Power Supply) || Samsung odyssey g8 oled (Monitor) || Asus ROG Strix scope TKL (Keyboard) || ASUS ROG Gladius II (Mouse) || Win 11 Pro 22H2 (Operating System)

HiVizMan
Level 40
I would go the AMD gamer series.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

northern_sun
Level 7
cl10 and cl11, in theory is better to take cl10 and retard timing if need it, but its really up to you .. both of them are good
- Asus Maximus, 2.4 4core - 3.6ghz(o.c), raid5_6hdd, 3gb Crucial, HD 3870(o.c), Air Cooled, PSU-750w; Nzxt Apollo, 5-5-5-12-2-45-6-3 | 8-3-5-4-6-4-6 Republic of gamers !!!

- Asus Crosshair Formula Z, 4.0 8core - 4.4stable ; FX-8350 8core , g-SKILL PC19200 cl9 16gb, HD 6950x2, H100 Hydro+Air Cooled, Cm Storm Trooper, PSU1000w FATAL1TY, OCZ Vertex3x3

HiVizMan
Level 40
The reason I suggest the Gamer series is quite simple. They are designed for the CPU. The other kits are designed for Intel chipsets.

Having had the same board (CVFZ) and the AMD Gamer and Trident-X kits I would recommend the Trident-X using the XMP profile. I've had four CVFZ's and had mixed results using the AMD ram with the AMP profile.

Heini wrote:
Having had the same board (CVFZ) and the AMD Gamer and Trident-X kits I would recommend the Trident-X using the XMP profile. I've had four CVFZ's and had mixed results using the AMD ram with the AMP profile.

I defer to your hands on experience with the AMD ram in that case. 🙂

I have used all of them and not had issues one way or another. But based on what I have seen here on the forum these last few years I see very few if any issues with the AMD ram, on the Crosshair boards. See quite a few hassles with users trying to work out the XMP profile set up.

HiVizMan wrote:
I defer to your hands on experience with the AMD ram in that case. 🙂

In hindsight I would suggest anyone get what ever they like from a vendor with a good return policy. That way if there's a prob an exchange for a different type could done.