cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO hissing/white noise

Danoga
Level 7
So for the longest time, i thought my previous headsets wires or usb plug were defective, because i was hearing a hissing/white noise constantly. Its as soon as i put on my desktop the noise starts. So the other day i ran out and got a new headset hoping that would solve the problem. However I still heard it, so i did some reading and i believe the problem is coming from my mobo. The mobo i have is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131989&clickid=WY91wTX8CweXQ96VDLQO8Ta%3AUk... and from what i heard this mobo is really buggy. Has anyone else had this problem with this mobo before? If so what can i do to fix it?
7 REPLIES 7

Danoga
Level 7
any advice on what to do?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Let me put your right - the mobo is not really buggy at all. 🙂

The fact that some folks have had issues with set up is more often than not down to the user and not the motherboard.

However in your case I would say that you have a hardware issue. And that it is not user error. 🙂

OK please do the following for me.

Remove your motherboard from the case. Use the box that your motherboard came in as a non-conductive test bench.
Fit your normal stuff and please make sure that you have none of the components connected or still fitted to the case. I have seen some folks leave the PSU in the case which defeats the purpose of what we are trying to do.

Now power up and see if the hiss is still present.

I assume that you have done the basic stuff like reinstalled drivers and maybe even a new OS install?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ganji
Level 13
This sounds like the problem I had with a Be Quiet psu, It would make a very quiet buzzing noise as soon as windows got to the desktop and continue while the pc was idle but as soon as some load was put on the cpu it would stop. Have a listen around the psu when you hear the noise as it could be that.

i hear the noise through my headset, anywhere else i do not hear it.

DekonX
Level 9
I had a problem like this. However it was because of my mic picking up ambient noise in my room. AC, fan, computer. I was able to completely mute the mic and the noise stopped, upon un-muting the mic it returned. Id try this before taking your computer apart. You could just be hearing the ambient noise around you through the mic
AMD 9590 (4.7ghz)
CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z
12Gig DDR3 1333
XFX R9 280x
Corsair RM850
Nanoxia Deep Silence 6

i know its not an ambient noise. I only hear the noise when i power up my rig. I power up my rig and i start hearing that hissing noise.

Danoga
Level 7
sorry for the long replies but HiVizMan i would do that, but since i did not put my computer together i would not want to risk taking out the case.=(