cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIOS stuck in I-ROG 2 is updating ... need help !!!

momiplus
Level 7
hello every one i was playing games on my asus maximus formula vi when a window came up and said a new update for bios is available do you want to download i thought why not so i downloaded it but i did not install and then it completed downloading and after a while the power went off for 3 hours and when it came back i powered up the pc and it says after the asus logo shows : I-ROG 2 IS UPDATING DO NOT SHUT DOWN OR RESET THE COMPUTER . and after it complete from 1% to 100% after 2 hours it reboots and do it all over again i have no idea why i tried every thing clear CMOS i tried flash drive the first release of bios and the same thing happens i even tried the dvd that came with my mother board and nothing i really need help thank you

NOTE: i cant get access to the bios it just there like a picture when i power the pc

pc spec: asus maximus formula vi intel i7 4770k Ram: corsair dominator 1866MHz 24gb Gigabyte GTX 770 4gb Corsair rx1000 watt ssd corsir 256 gb and three hdds each 1.5 tb wich gives in total 4.5 tb

This is the display that my pc shows:
7 REPLIES 7

jh30uk
Level 10
Do not update the Bios in Windows with the auto software, too many things can go wrong.

1) Open case and press Button to boot to 2nd Bios.

2) If you need to update 2nd Bios to newest for any real reason do so in EZ Flash from inside Bios (you can grab the Bios file from Asus website).

3) Inside Bios copy good Bios 2 to messed up Bios 1.

momiplus
Level 7
i can't access the bios that's the problem

and about second bios i don't know how to access it

jab383
Level 13
Maximus VI Formula has only one copy of BIOS. Some other models have two, which can be convenient in cases like this where a power interruption corrupted an update.

You may have to get with ASUS tech support on line and describe the problem as you did here, then ask whether a new, freshly programmed BIOS chip would solve it. You will probably have to buy the chip (wild guess $25). Then you can remove the board from the case, take off the ROG armor - plastic cover - by removing screws from the back. The BIOS chip is in a socket between the batter and the Z87 chip - pluck out the old and put in the new - no soldering involved. A lot of work, I know, but you'd have to do the worst of it to replace the board.

After the board is fixed, consider checking for updates manually every month or so rather than having a service prompt you. You can then download the raw file and use the USB flashback method which is more stable and secure than updating through Windows.

Jeff

i did do all of what u just wrote but with the current bios chip i took it off and erased what is inside with minipro tool it sold separately i brought it from internet i downloaded the latest bios software i romoved 2kb from the cap file so that it would be rom and after all this when i plug it in it show 00 in Qcode and no display !!!

jh30uk
Level 10
Bummer I assumed they all had 2 Bioses now, my old Socket 775 MAXIMUS II FORMULA had and every Mobo since.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Have replied in your other thread. Please do make only one thread else it leads to confusion.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

momiplus
Level 7
will do sorry for the confusion