cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VI and EK waterblocks up close n personal

MatsGlobetrotte
Level 10
I took some pictures of the full set that can be included on the Maximus VI Formula with EK blocks both with and without the coverplate. Open the pic to see some real high resolution 🙂

It started with a VIC-20... and now it is. Maximus Formula VI Intel 4770K 4.6GHz ASUS GTX780Ti 3GB Corsair Platinum Dominator 16GB 2400MHz Raid Express 240GB Samsung EVO 512 GB SSD Corsair 900D EK watercooling Corsair RM1000 ASUS PB278Q

4 REPLIES 4

jab383
Level 13
Neat lookin' I particularly like the PCH block. It fits the space in the armor better than ASUS's spreader, and the water fittings don't look like they interfere with the second PCIe3 slot. Good stuff.

Jeff

HiVizMan
Level 40
Good camera mate, what is it that you used?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

MatsGlobetrotte
Level 10
Jeff,

Yes the PCH can sit there with no interference to the GPU's I just installed my second GTX780 TI last night. Though..... I am not sure but I think there is an issue with the PCH block. I am still trying to debug.... After I had installed it , which happened when I delidded the CPU same time is that the 2nd PCIE died.. though it realized something was in the PCIE slot. I have been scratching my head on that one for a few days. I dismantled the CPU and looked at pins until I needed something strong inside 😉 Anyway yesterday I removed the PCH when I was installing the Pentium Anniversary edition. Put back the original Asus PCHcooler (as I am waiting for the part replacement anyway). I put the machine together and guess what... Now my second PCIE works again both for the RaidR and for a GTX at the full speed. As the bottom part of the PCH block on the EK is much larger in surface I am starting to wonder if there was a shortcircuit somewhere. Will for sure know shortly as I am applying liquid metal on my 4770K to see what will happen on temps. I like the EK PCH cooler just need it back in full working order then it will be inside again.

Henk,

I am using my Canon EOS 5d MKII and a 15-35mm L-Lens. The photos were taken with sunlight coming in from the windw and an extra led light just to take away some shadows. All shot on a tripod with remote control to make sure it was very steady. I simply love the 21Mpixel resolution in the camera and the quality I can get when shooting in RAW format. Thats the real reason for having a fast computer I do a lot of photo editing too, with inclusion of HDR photography.
It started with a VIC-20... and now it is. Maximus Formula VI Intel 4770K 4.6GHz ASUS GTX780Ti 3GB Corsair Platinum Dominator 16GB 2400MHz Raid Express 240GB Samsung EVO 512 GB SSD Corsair 900D EK watercooling Corsair RM1000 ASUS PB278Q

jab383
Level 13
It does sound like the larger contact area of the EK PCH block might cause that trouble. The smoking gun is that the trouble went away when it did. Perhaps a small, thin insulator under the block feet? I've used the sticky part of a bandaid for such .

Gotta love Photoshop's HDR. Great for scanning old transparencies.

Jeff