cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to light up keyboard during user log-in?

junROG
Level 7
Hi guys,

I just got my ROG G550JK yesterday and I love it. I usually use it while my lights are off. My problem is whenever i restart my laptop and during the windows log-in the keyboard lights aren't on so I'm having a problem typing my password.

Is there a setting wherein the keyboard led will light up whenever i press any keys?

Thanks!
10 REPLIES 10

xdon82
Level 7
Yes I noticed this problem too in my G56.. Consider changing logging by using keys to "graphic" - using screen / touchpad

Yah bro, did that too. 😞

xdon82 wrote:
Yes I noticed this problem too in my G56.. Consider changing logging by using keys to "graphic" - using screen / touchpad

dblkk
Level 7
Not sure wy the g550jk is different then the g750. But my keyboard always light up first thing after pushing power button. The only way it really wouldn't is if it were software controlled. But I don't see why the g750 vs g550 would go from hardwired to software controlled.

Hopefully i can do something about it 😞 I was a mac user before, this was never a problem.

dblkk wrote:
Not sure wy the g550jk is different then the g750. But my keyboard always light up first thing after pushing power button. The only way it really wouldn't is if it were software controlled. But I don't see why the g750 vs g550 would go from hardwired to software controlled.

Hopefully i can do something about it 😞 I was a mac user before, this was never a problem.

dblkk wrote:

xdon82
Level 7
This is not system / hardwere issue - only drivers. Write to Asus about it

Kelusion
Level 7
Exactly as xdon82 says, the first thing for my G750JZ whenever it boots up is the lights of the keyboard, always on. And when you log on then the actual settings take preference or vice versa. However as mentioned before, try logging by using keys to "graphic" - using screen / touchpad and see what the outcome is, make sure the drivers are updated as well, purely its not a hardware issue, rather then drivers/software.

Just to give you more info, my friend had a G550JK and had a similar issue the fix was usually by updating the (ASUS InstantKey Utility / ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities / Keyboard Device Filter Utility) which can be found under the below link,

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G550JK&p=3&s=625

More like the ATKACPI driver was the actual culprit, however upading all three above will definitely be worth while.

Try it out and let us know how it works out 🙂
Where to find latest Asus Rog G750/751 drivers?

Please use search in the forums, there might be alot of threads which have similar answers to what you are looking for!

Senjou
Level 7
I own a GL550jk and I have the same problem. The keyboard only lights after I login.
This started to happen after I made a clean installation.
I re-installed the 3 drivers mentioned above but the result is the same - KB only lights after login.

Zero_Tyranos
Level 7
I have the same issue, I tried the recommendation of updating drivers, but still that not solved it, I'll ask support if even this is possible first.