cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is it a good idea to undervolt GPU of g750js? any risk and benefits?

braxxx
Level 7
hello Guys, i just undervolted the dynamic cpu voltage offset and the cache voltage offset of my g750js CPU to 70mV, it seems to be stable. my question is; can we also lower the processor graphics voltage offset?
4 REPLIES 4

Darnassus
Status Under Review
I don't believe you give the GPU less voltage.

Depending on it's task, the voltage should be dynamic and changes during what ever task you're giving it.

If you lower it's voltage which.. I don't even think you're doing, I think it's more the "Voltage LIMIT" then when your card needs the 837mV when it's doing it's hard work (a game), it'll stutter about since you've lowered it.

( I might be wrong. )

In short: Don't touch your GPU Voltage.

Darnassus
Status Under Review
P.S. with your CPU, did you just lower the voltage? There's much more you can do, like maxing out the multipliers.

Gives you a 200 MHz boost.

3,400 to 3,600

( On single core )

braxxx
Level 7
Hi Darnassus, i havent change any values in the multiplier. maybe i'll try it soon but would it give more heat if i do that? here is a screen shot of the xtu and the changes that i made for the cpu voltage. i hope i'm doing it right.39298

Darnassus
Status Under Review
I don't believe so, if it did, it would be negligible.

Yes your CPU is undervolted, same parameter as my own.

My Multipliers are at max.

P.S. you can tell if you've undervolted or not, from the information on the side. The "Proposed" is what is currently running (your setting).

When you max your multiplier, you'll find your GHz will rise by 0.200GHz

Do at your own choice though, if you prefer to keep the Multipliers down, that's fine. ;3