cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i find my G74Sx touchpad driver?

Quddcnk
Level 7
I just installed windows 8.

EVERYTHING WORKS, except i cant turn off this damn touch pad.

I've installed the ATK package.

I've repaired the ATK package.

I've tried BOTH the Sentelic and Synaptics driver packages, neither of them will install, claiming i dont have a touch pad.

I even disabled the mouse completely, rendering my usb mouse inert...

the touch pad still works.

What on earth do i do.

Seriously. I never had this problem before windows 8 and im starting to regret the upgrade.
3 REPLIES 3

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Sounds like you might have the G74Sx model, but please confirm if possible and hopefully we can get suggestions from other ROG'ers with the same model. Thanks!

Edit: Just saw your other post at the thread below.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?38789-Running-Windows-8.1-on-G74SX/page2

cl-Albert wrote:
Sounds like you might have the G74Sx model, but please confirm if possible and hopefully we can get suggestions from other ROG'ers with the same model. Thanks!

Edit: Just saw your other post at the thread below.
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?38789-Running-Windows-8.1-on-G74SX/page2

Totally Sorry!

Yes I have the g74sx model. This is the best laptop i've ever owned... save this damn touch pad. Im a day from taking the computer apart and unplugging the touch pad. It keeps randomly clicking when I type.

The touchpad of my G74sx-bbk7 is terrible also. Between the actual hardware being horrible and the software issues with Win8, i hate it.
For installing the driver, you can manually install it through Device Manager and browsing to the downloaded driver folder.
Otherwise, to force the setup program to work, edit the file "FspSetup.ini" and change number to 0:
[Option]
PnPID Identify = 0

On top of the ATK Package, did you try installing the KB Filter Driver? That may be the problem with your FN keys not working.