cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750Js right fan not working?

Evan_01
Level 7
Hi I braught a G750 JS less thn a month ago but the right fan while I am facing the screen is not working i put my hand infront of it I dont feel any air coming out or in, is the fan has been damaged? please help
5 REPLIES 5

Darnassus
Status Under Review
Play a game then check if it spins, also that optimus isn't running.

Hucker42
Level 7
The right fan is the 870m gpu....which only kicks into action during gpu dependant activity such as gaming. The laptop uses optimus, so mist of the time is using just the intel chip for the display. So test the airflow with a game running or during some rendering....it should kick into action.

Evan_01
Level 7
Thank you for the reply guys I just checked it its either runnig very slowly or not at all is it normal?

Evan.01 wrote:
Thank you for the reply guys I just checked it its either runnig very slowly or not at all is it normal?

Use a monitoring utility, such as HWiNFO. The fan speed increases or decreases based on the temperature. If you see the GPU heating up to around 80 C and you aren't hearing the fan or feeling much air still, you may need to update the BIOS and EC firmware, or the fan or fan controller could be faulty.

We customize Asus, MSI, and Clevo laptops!

Evan_01
Level 7