Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Windows XP, 7, 8.1 & 9 - Lies, Rumors and Truth

01_Wolverine
Level 12
Hi Guys, here is some info for win xp,7,8.1 &9

from Carey Holzmans youtube vids

Quote:

In this video I expose the false information being reported by reputable sources concerning the upcoming end of Windows 7 support. These articles are FALSE! I also address Microsoft's commitment to XP purchasers to never use activation to force them to upgrade and said they would likely provide a patch to bypass the required software activation upon re-install once XP's end of life had been reached. Discuss the last service pack (now referred to as updates, but not to be confused with monthly updates). Windows 8.1 Update 2 is expected August 12, 2014. Windows 9, code named 'Threshold' is in the works and expected be available this time (July/August) of next year (2015).

http://youtu.be/voPV28rOzH4?list=UUmWNCO9wSjzOz1UV8jCvIHA
9 REPLIES 9

billyray520
Level 10
Interesting info on XP activation. :mad:

There are actually lots of valid reasons to keep using XP. Surfing the web and getting email is not even THAT risky, if a good anti-virus is in place (plenty continue to work on XP) plus there is also such a thing as safe browsing and email practice. But regardless, many may never want to use XP on the web or for email and just need a specialized program etc. etc. Then of course image backups can easily recover one if the unthinkable DOES happen. Anyhoo, there is a LOT of baloney being sold out there! :rolleyes: That Microsoft is reneging on its promise to patch XP to no longer require activation says a lot about their ethics. :mad:
Asus Maximus V Extreme BIOS 1903, see specs above avatar.

Asus G73 jh A1 laptop, BIOS 213, vBIOS OD2, 8 GB Ram, 240 GB Intel SSD, 180 GB Intel SSD. Win 7 Pro. Purchased new from PowerNotebooks.com in May 2010.
(both have 1920X1080 hd screens, mine above, hers below )
Asus G73 Sw XR1 laptop 8 GB Ram, 160 GB Intel SSD, 80 GB Intel SSD. Purchased used >Ebay 1/10/13, Did clean install of Windows 7

X-ROG
Level 15
Looking forward to August 12th!

fr3d
Level 10
windows rollout their OS too fast instead of spending more time on makin it much better than the previous one

fr3d wrote:
windows rollout their OS too fast instead of spending more time on makin it much better than the previous one

Win 8 has been out approaching 2 years!

fr3d wrote:

Really?

Windows XP release: Oct 2001
Windows Vista release: Nov 2007
Windows 7 release: July 2009
Windows 8 release: Oct 2012

Judging by the last 4 OS release alone, i'd say they don't rush them

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Really?

Windows XP release: Oct 2001
Windows Vista release: Nov 2007
Windows 7 release: July 2009
Windows 8 release: Oct 2012

Judging by the last 4 OS release alone, i'd say they don't rush them

if you look at it it take 6 years from xp to vista and 3 years from 7 to 8. And when it come to windows 9 windows 8.1(the complete version of windows 😎 just released last year.

fr3d wrote:
if you look at it it take 6 years from xp to vista and 3 years from 7 to 8. And when it come to windows 9 windows 8.1 just released last year.

Technically speaking, 8.1 isn't an OS, it's just a service pack/update whatever you want to call it over windows 8. Windows 9 coming next year will be short of 3 years from Win8's initial launch.

jab383
Level 13
Looks like they take their time when they have a good one and scramble when they make a boo-boo.

I consider Win 95/98, XP, and 7 to be useful, stable and worth keeping. Microsoft seems to have agreed in that they slow-rolled the replacements.

ME/2000, Vista and 8.0 not so much. 8.1 and future (8.2) are patches. Even though it is free, 8.1 isn't called a 'service pack' so users will feel that basic shortcomings are corrected.

Every other version, they seem to learn their lessons, then forget them.

By that reasoning, Win 9 should be a keeper.

Jeff

darkage
Level 11
NT4/2000 after sp2 was beautifull OS
vista was a great OS very few people understood vista
xp for me was a problem because i believed in the mega whag whag about it being NT based so i had a very hard time with it after leaving NT4 / 2000
7 was great
8 was fine
8.1 is a great OS