Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

nope, clean installation did not help at all, also the driver from nvidia page is causing BSOD, so asus definitely did modify the one on their website

anyone can help me with this? I don't mind having the colors blueish, Im just affraid that this behavior is not normal and is a sign of broken something

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

which version of nvidia driver you installed?
    BSOD only in one game or during typical work ?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by xdon82 View Post
    which version of nvidia driver you installed?
    BSOD only in one game or during typical work ?
    337.88 - I got BSOD while uninstalling it (since it didnt fix the blueish problem)

ROG Member Array

Mine JZ does the same. When it's borderless colors are fine , when it's fullscreen there is blue tint. I've tested it on games like CS:GO , Diablo 3 , WoW. In CS there is "Color mode" option that fix this , in WoW it's fine until alt+tab the game then it goes blue , changing fullscreen to borderless and then back to full fix it for WoW. On Diablo i manage to make it run on full without the blue tint but no idea how. I think Optimus is the cause of this. You have gtx 860 so you have Optimus. There is no option to change colors , brightness , contrast from nvidia settings. This options comes from Intel card. So when the game starts on fullscreen the gtx runs with default colors which I think are this blueish. When the game runs on window mode it applies your color settings from Intel card. Now i can be wrong with this but i did some testing and for me that's what is going on.

Well, if it's only in fullscreen then maybe the software is at fault. Have you changed anything in color correction in the NVidia control panel or the Intel HD control panel? Or maybe you have the ASUS Splendind utility installed and configured the wrong way?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Mcclaud View Post
    Mine JZ does the same. When it's borderless colors are fine , when it's fullscreen there is blue tint. I've tested it on games like CS:GO , Diablo 3 , WoW. In CS there is "Color mode" option that fix this , in WoW it's fine until alt+tab the game then it goes blue , changing fullscreen to borderless and then back to full fix it for WoW. On Diablo i manage to make it run on full without the blue tint but no idea how. I think Optimus is the cause of this. You have gtx 860 so you have Optimus. There is no option to change colors , brightness , contrast from nvidia settings. This options comes from Intel card. So when the game starts on fullscreen the gtx runs with default colors which I think are this blueish. When the game runs on window mode it applies your color settings from Intel card. Now i can be wrong with this but i did some testing and for me that's what is going on.
    thanks for this, at least I know (or I'm more sure) this is not the cause of damaged hardware or something

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw37 View Post
    Well, if it's only in fullscreen then maybe the software is at fault. Have you changed anything in color correction in the NVidia control panel or the Intel HD control panel? Or maybe you have the ASUS Splendind utility installed and configured the wrong way?
    no, it was doing it since I got the laptop even with default settings and default drivers

337.88 - I got BSOD while uninstalling it (since it didnt fix the blueish problem)
    so You never have uninstalled actual drivers completely - this is wrong.

Try to uninstall through Control Panel \ System \ Device Manager
    but be sure you checked the option, which force the system to remove drivers from the harddisk. ALSO REMOVE C:\NVIDIA DIRECTORY
    If this wont work, then download Display Driver Uinstaller application and use it to remove everything connected with display driver. Important: Use this application also if You can't uninstall physX software.

Try to install newer Beta Driver, when first step [above] is completed

If all this above also won't help, then repeat removing procedure and install the driver from Asus website.

IF YOU HAVE OPTIMUS, THEN DO THE SAME WITH INTEL DISPLAY DRIVER [or other]. To be sure, check in Control Panel \ System \ Device Manager, that You have not got 2 GPUs
    Last edited by xdon82; 07-28-2014 at 02:03 PM.

ROG Member Array

so You never have uninstalled actual drivers completely - this is wrong.

but be sure you checked the option, which force the system to remove drivers from the harddisk. ALSO REMOVE C:\NVIDIA DIRECTORY
    If this wont work, then download Display Driver Uinstaller application and use it to remove everything connected with display driver. Important: Use this application also if You can't uninstall physX software.

Try to install newer Beta Driver, when first step [above] is completed

If all this above also won't help, then repeat removing procedure and install the driver from Asus website.

IF YOU HAVE OPTIMUS, THEN DO THE SAME WITH INTEL DISPLAY DRIVER [or other]. To be sure, check in Control Panel \ System \ Device Manager, that You have not got 2 GPUs
    I did - I uninstalled it after the BSOD and it uninstalled right, I have now again 337.88 from asus website and didnt encounter a single BSOD

that's how I did uninstall it...

and no, im not going to install any nvidia driver from nvidia website as usually the manufacturer has to optimize the drivers for the laptop

and what about green screen? still accours ?

ROG Member Array

and what about green screen? still accours ?
    what green screen?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast