cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX IMUS VII FORMULA Z97 issues with drivers installation?

Wrecker__
Level 7
Hello there people, I'm new this this forum; in fact I've registered just couple minutes ago:)

I've put together my very own computer for time first time ever just 4 days ago and didn't have any PC for 7 years... only had 6 year old half broken laptop and was surviving with it this long time, so this means I'm kind of backwards in technology department since soo much things came out during this period that I couldn't keep up, anyways, I'm seeking your help people on my driver installation issues on this motherboard, I've contacted with Asus's 24/7 technical support and the guy was nothing but joke lol tho he has entertained me with his humor, he logged into my computer to figure out why driver wouldn't work but instead he LITERALLY would tech me that if I rright click on a file it'll give me an option to "delete" a file, then he went into temps folder and showed me that I've trash files over there and finally went to even viewer to show me system errors and eventually offered me to rip me off for 100$ to help me, what a joke! where does Asus get this people from?

ok guys here are my questions

1. I've installed Asus's Alsuit software, when I run the software it comes up with a message saying "Ensure to install MEI driver before using ASUS 5-way optimization" so, I googled up MEI driver it came up with this website so I went ahead and downloaded this file and after download is completed I tried to install it, but then I'd give me an error saying "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software" and I get exact same error when I try to install Intel Rapid Start Technology Software V4.0.0

notes: I did install the chipset driver, I've the latest BIOS, I've unrecognized PCI simple communications controller in device manager, my windows is win 8.1 pro. tech specs - 4790k, VII formula, 16gb RAM and Samsung SSD

anybody would help me with this I'd really appreciate, thanks guys for attention, cheers :cool:
1 REPLY 1

Menthol
Level 14
Wrecker, Welcome to ROG forums
All the drivers for the motherboard are on the supplied motherboard disk, I always run the auto driver install off of this disk, I use the custom option and pick just the drivers I want, you can also go to the ASUS website and get the drivers. The supplied disk has the latest drivers and auto install does a good job of installing them in the correct order and rebooting as necessary.
http://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_FORMULAWATCH_DOGS/HelpDesk_Download/ Pick the appropriate OS version.