cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VII-Gene, front panel headphones inverted channels

erix_jansen
Level 7
Hi!
Again, after installing this jewel of a mobo, it is time to post some unresolved issues.

This one is that my speakers and my headphones work fine connected otherwise, but my frontpanel delivers inverted changels (left = right, right = left) There is no option in the Realtek panel to change it.

I use stock cables, plugs and hardware that worked before, so no selfdone soldering or experiments on my side, 🙂
what can I do?

Can this be software? Somebody else with this problem?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Nate152

alien345
Level 7
The front panel is connected through the pc case hd connectors, these need to be checked....it could be a problem with the pc case wiring. Then I would try to plug the headphones at the rear, then I would try to plug the headphones in the front mic socket, then set to headphones. Also try to set the front panel headphone as front speakers.

This is just routine checking.

Though you can invert the signal, by setting the headphones as centre and base, which can be inverted....just throwing some ideas.

erix_jansen
Level 7
Yes guys, thankls, all your tips are welcome, most I already checked. The cable and the case worked well with my previous Maximus V Extreme. I just exchanged the mobo to a VII Gene.
No extension or problematic stuff, as said in OP.
Maybe I will reinstall the drivers to see.

profy_tm
Level 7
Hi
Exactly the same problem here (bios 1104 ranger) .
No problem with my old mobo (MSI P67GD65)
So, I have directly reverse the wiring of my case. Just invert 2 pins (white/blue)... But this Mainboard is clearly bugged. 😕