cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New G550JK somtimes does not Power On

maasdad
Level 7
We received my son's new G550jk on Friday. Today my son indicated the computer was having trouble coming out of sleep mode. When I got home from work, I just got a black screen after pushing the start button.

Now after pushing the start button the button itself lights up, and along the front, the light bulb and wifi indicators are lit. The hardrive indicator does not light up. There is no sound at all coming from the computer.

My first thought is the battery completely drained. When I first approached the computer this evening I did not see the front battery light on. I jiggled the power adapter, pushed the plugs in and out. I still didn't see a light. I moved it to a different outlet and jiggled some more. This time I did get a very dim light on the computers front battery indicator. I let the computer "charge" for 1 1/2 hours. When I hit the On button same response as before.

We really like this computer. Everything was great over the weekend. Unfortunately I didn't pay any attention to anything related to power or the battery.

Is anyone else having this problem? Might it be the Power adapter, how can we check? If not that what else could it be?
1 REPLY 1

maasdad
Level 7
An update:

After leaving it plugged in all night. Pushed the on button this morning and everything started up fine. Son took it by a small local computer retailer. They checked the Power Adapter and the computer and seemed to think both are working correctly. They have the opinion this had something to do with coming out of Sleep Mode and known issues with Windows 8.1. Will have to do some more homework and in the meantime turnoff sleep mode.

But still curious, anyone else with a similar issue or recommendations.