cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't do Fast Boot anymore? :( G750JH

CroatCode
Level 7
Hi. I did a fresh install with a new windows 8.1 64 bit iso on my Asus G750JH (Since I don't have the Asus CD anymore). Before I could reformat my computer and install the new windows, I had to go into my bios settings and disable secure boot and enable CSM in order for me to boot from my USB. After all of this happened, I noticed my SSD boot time is 11 seconds and my Alienware M17xR4 is the same and it doesn't even have a SSD. I installed everything correctly and currently am using SSD.

I ALSO CAN NOT ENABLE FAST BOOT ANYMORE OR USE DEFAULT SETTINGS IN BIOS, OTHERWISE MY PC BOOTS STRAIGHT INTO BIOS INSTEAD OF WINDOWS. =(

ONE IMPORTANT THING!!

I really hate the "Intel Rapid Store Technology" that shows right after I turn on my laptop. It wastes about 3-4 seconds and then finally boots into windows. How could I fix all this? I'm worried that if I update my Bios, it won't fix anything and when I tried it said something about me having no rights or something, when i'm the only owner.

Please help a fellow gamer out this is making me angry!! :mad::mad::mad: I spent 3 days fixing all of this. I want my old fast boot back along with my asus recovery cd 😞
2 REPLIES 2

owvp702
Level 7
mine does the exact same thing and i hate it, not sure if there's a fix but if there is someone share

Maxter
Level 9
Hi there,
For the Fast Boot, you need to make sure that Hibernation is enabled. Fast Boot only works when you shut down the computer, not when you restart it. Truly, you didn't have to change anything in BIOS in order to install from USB. When you place the empty SSD in the bay (nothing on the other bay), and the USB stick, BIOS is smart enough to recognize that you are doing an install (just did it Saturday for my new SSD).
Intel Rapid Storage is important in order to optimize the HDD/SSD.
BTW, what BIOS version have you got? Though people are scared to update BIOS, it is usually a good idea. Make sure you DON'T turn computer off or cause it to lose power while updating BIOS (takes less than a minute usually) as you will turn your laptop into paperweight.