Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero VII Overclocking Ram to 2400mhz with hyperx Beast 32mb

adebabyo1
Level 7
Hero VII Overclocking Ram to 2400mhz with hyperx Beast 32mb
Pleaseeeeeee can someone help, im a newbie to this so please have some patience

This rig ive built over the past 2 wks and this is my first build from fresh but I have some experience in custom builds

The issue I'm having is that im trying to get the Ram to run at 2400mhz again, I say again as the system was running fine at that speed but randomly on a start up the mobo started to go into a boot loop self testing phase and would not come out of it until I pushed the MEM OK button, it would reset when the LED display got to 35 or 39, (checking the manual this is seems to be a RAM issue) I have tried the XMP profile (2 profiles 2133 & 2401) and manually inputting the numbers to get the speed back to 2400mhz but to no avail, I have selected the XMP profile that allows 2133mhz and the PC boots and runs fine, and im sure I can use this without any problems but its buggin the hell out of me why I cant get it to reboot at 2400mhz speed? I have cleared CMOS reflashed and installed the latest FW but nothing works it just continues in this endless bootlooping cycle (which btw is that safe to do??)..

as I said im new to this and OC so I haven't messed with any voltage settings I know the DRAM volt is currently 1.65 allowance but like I said it all loaded fine but now it doesn't. I have searched and searched for any tips but there doesn't seem to be anything that I can find that relates to what my problem is..

any help or advice would be great

The basic Setup
Hero Vii mobo with ROG front panel (Which has had to be returned due to 4th digit not being displayed on the RPM LED)
intel 4790k Devils canyon
hyperx beast 32mb 2400mhz ram (Kit of 4x8mb)
asus gtx770
EVGA 850w PSU modulated
Corsair H55
8 additional fans 6 being Corsair & 2 side exhaust case fans
Samsung evo SSD
2 extra HD totalling 4TB
Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

sorry to list it all but I know people need to know as much possible regarding a system.
29 REPLIES 29

01_Wolverine
Level 12
Hi adebaby01 and welcome

another thing we need to know ,is the 32 mb ram came in a set or 2 individual kits ie 2x16 mb??

if they are 2 kits that could be your problem

hi there,

thanks for your reply, knew there would be something I forgot,, it was a kit 4 (4x8mb)

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi adebabyo1 and Welcome to ROG.

A high frequency setting for your DIMMs is reliant on the strength of the Integrated Memory Controller (IMC) within your CPU.

Some Intel chips are better than others, I suggest reading these articles for a better understanding.

http://www.masterslair.com/determini...uency-i7-i5-i3

http://www.overclockers.com/3-step-g...core-i3-i5-i7/

Once you have established a stable base CPU clock frequency and voltage in conjunction with your DIMMs, you can then start to OC.

You have purchased a rather expensive set of Dimms, so I hope you are able to reach their potential.

I suggest you start with only 1 DIMM in the first slot and only make changes in Bios for OCing.

Boot into Windows, run a small stress test and monitor your temps.

Once you understand the concepts of the articles above, we can help with specific problems, So see how you go and please report back.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Hi there, thanks for your reply, I will go through the links and report back,, I am wonder if something has happened to the IMC as it was working fine for the past week, and I haven't pushed it all no games just design work in photoshop and that wasn't anything major.

that second link doesn't work for me

adebabyo1 wrote:
that second link doesn't work for me

Try this; http://www.overclockers.com/3step-guide-to-overclock-intel-haswell
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

I've followed the guides but I've got to be honest and don't really understand it all for example it states changing the vvt voltage I assume this relates to the cpu cache voltage or the cpu core voltage so I did change this as stated to 1.1v

It also says to change the bulk to 150 from 133 we'll mine is already at 100 so I increased it to 150 and the frequencies for cpu, dram went up and it all booted fine

I've followed 'chinos' advice and the system still doesn't boot at 2400 for the ram as it previously did ... So I am at a loss

MeanMachine wrote:
Hi adebabyo1 and Welcome to ROG.

A high frequency setting for your DIMMs is reliant on the strength of the Integrated Memory Controller (IMC) within your CPU.

Some Intel chips are better than others, I suggest reading these articles for a better understanding.

http://www.masterslair.com/determini...uency-i7-i5-i3

http://www.overclockers.com/3-step-g...core-i3-i5-i7/

Once you have established a stable base CPU clock frequency and voltage in conjunction with your DIMMs, you can then start to OC.

You have purchased a rather expensive set of Dimms, so I hope you are able to reach their potential.

I suggest you start with only 1 DIMM in the first slot and only make changes in Bios for OCing.

Boot into Windows, run a small stress test and monitor your temps.

Once you understand the concepts of the articles above, we can help with specific problems, So see how you go and please report back.

I've followed the guides but I've got to be honest and don't really understand it all for example it states changing the vvt voltage I assume this relates to the cpu cache voltage or the cpu core voltage so I did change this as stated to 1.1v

It also says to change the bclk to 150 from 133 we'll mine is already at 100 so I increased it to 150 and the frequencies for cpu, dram went up and it all booted fine

I've followed 'chinos' advice and the system still doesn't boot at 2400 for the ram as it previously did ... So I am at a loss

adebabyo1 wrote:

It also says to change the bclk to 150 from 133 we'll mine is already at 100 so I increased it to 150 and the frequencies for cpu, dram went up and it all booted fine

With more investigating I have found that it works with 24mb 3x8mb at 2400mhz, but adding the 4th ram it goes into the boot loop and Neva loads all ram works one at a time in all slots