cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issues with my ROG SWIFT...

Asus11
Level 7
ok off the bat let me say I think its a good monitor but let down by glitches which is letting itself down big time for me..

ok first of all the Turbo button... only works when it wants to? I press it 20 times sometimes it doesn't change.. sometimes I press it 3 times it works.. whats going on?

ok second... everytime I load into windows desktop the screen artifacts very fast and goes back to normal.. it also happens when I apply any GPU overclock.. it does the same thing..very annoying

thirdly ive had the monitor display ''monitor out of signal''.. when going full screen with the monitor? also it takes forever it get out of full screen because the monitor laggs to get into and out of full screen mode....

now ive just had the monitor just go full out black with no signal & had to restart... & the monitor led at the bottom right corner always goes red when going full screen mode? i thought it was ment to stay white? does that mean g sync is working? whats going on?

I went from my PB278Q which had 0 faults and was a soldier .... this I hvn't had for 3 days yet its playing up like a litte baby..

my system is i7 4790k 16gb ram gtx 780 sli watercooled
downloaded latest Nvidia drivers

would like to get some help on these issues
17 REPLIES 17

X-ROG
Level 15
Turbo button: It's designed for fast in-game changes, so the scene must be active. It's a technical quirk of how the display works. A static desktop won't change it so you have to move the mouse or press the Win key to get it to activate.

Artifacts: Should only be momentary and future Nvidia drivers will get better to reduce/eliminate this. From what I understand the GSync chip is 'changing modes' which takes a second.

Full screen lag.. not sure. Check your DP plugs are in properly. DP goes in much deeper than HDMI. What situation: games/video/programs? Specific one or all of them? What OS are you using?

The monitor LED changes color – what do the different modes mean?
White – normal ‘fast’ gaming (up to 144Hz)
Green –Nvidia Stereoscopic 3D hardware plugged into the PC and 3D Vision enabled
Red – G-Sync enabled
Yellow – Ultra Low Motion Blur
Orange – Standby

From FAQ: http://rog.asus.com/339252014/gaming-monitors/faq-rog-swift-pg278q-27-inch-g-sync-gaming-monitor/

Try running your GTX at stock speeds for a while to see if it's the OC that is the issue with variable refresh rate. Also try disabling SLI just to isolate whether it's an SLI driver issue or something to do with the display. I'm not seeing this at all on a single GTX 780 Ti.

I want to order the pg278q from another country but I am worried there will be an outlet/voltage conflict??? Anyone know if I can order the monitor from the UK and run it fine or will I need to get some converter due to the 120v vs 220v?! and if there is no way to get it from the UK is there a country I can order it from where it will have the right specs to be used in the states with a regular US monitor power cable?

eqarmy wrote:
I want to order the pg278q from another country but I am worried there will be an outlet/voltage conflict??? Anyone know if I can order the monitor from the UK and run it fine or will I need to get some converter due to the 120v vs 220v?! and if there is no way to get it from the UK is there a country I can order it from where it will have the right specs to be used in the states with a regular US monitor power cable?

It uses an external laptop style power adapter that's 100-240V auto-switching. I'm not sure if the warranty is international though right now.

MarshallR wrote:
Turbo button: It's designed for fast in-game changes, so the scene must be active. It's a technical quirk of how the display works. A static desktop won't change it so you have to move the mouse or press the Win key to get it to activate.

Artifacts: Should only be momentary and future Nvidia drivers will get better to reduce/eliminate this. From what I understand the GSync chip is 'changing modes' which takes a second.

Full screen lag.. not sure. Check your DP plugs are in properly. DP goes in much deeper than HDMI. What situation: games/video/programs? Specific one or all of them? What OS are you using?

The monitor LED changes color – what do the different modes mean?
White – normal ‘fast’ gaming (up to 144Hz)
Green –Nvidia Stereoscopic 3D hardware plugged into the PC and 3D Vision enabled
Red – G-Sync enabled
Yellow – Ultra Low Motion Blur
Orange – Standby

From FAQ: http://rog.asus.com/339252014/gaming-monitors/faq-rog-swift-pg278q-27-inch-g-sync-gaming-monitor/

Try running your GTX at stock speeds for a while to see if it's the OC that is the issue with variable refresh rate. Also try disabling SLI just to isolate whether it's an SLI driver issue or something to do with the display. I'm not seeing this at all on a single GTX 780 Ti.

[QUOTE2 yrs later that info came in handy, I almost retuned my PG278Q but after reading the info on changing the refresh rate while in game solved all issues[/QOUTE]

RubyX
Level 7
I have pretty much the same issues - the Turbo button just plain doesn't work, ever. I also get "out of signal" sometimes when switching to fullscreen.

And now the monitor seems to have forgotten how to G-SYNC (the drivers don't detect the Swift as G-SYNC capable anymore) or ULMB (it's greyed out in the menu, no matter what refresh rate I set). G-SYNC and ULMB both did work the first time I turned on the monitor, though. No idea why they would suddenly stop working.

RubyX wrote:
I have pretty much the same issues - the Turbo button just plain doesn't work, ever. I also get "out of signal" sometimes when switching to fullscreen.

And now the monitor seems to have forgotten how to G-SYNC (the drivers don't detect the Swift as G-SYNC capable anymore) or ULMB (it's greyed out in the menu, no matter what refresh rate I set). G-SYNC and ULMB both did work the first time I turned on the monitor, though. No idea why they would suddenly stop working.

To me it sounds as though your monitor has a serious issue that needs RMA. I am checking if any advise from our RD dept.

Completely turning off *and unplugging* both my computer and the monitor has brought back the G-Sync/ULMB functionality. Let's see how long it lasts this time.

I've seen similar reports from other owners, so it looks less like a problem with my particular monitor and more like a firmware issue or something...

RubyX wrote:

I also had this. In addition to the out of range bug, my display "lost" g-sync alltogether. A system restart wouldn't fix it but unplugging the display's pwoer chord and rebooting did fix it. Now only the out of range bug still occurs.

NanoPoly
Level 7
It works for me if I have game settings with 144Hz, then I can change it with button. But if game settings are at 60Hz, it does nothing