cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GSync + Multiple PGs in Surround + [Tri-]SLI

X-ROG
Level 15
Nvidia is preparing a future driver update to support Surround G-Sync (multiple monitors) with (Tri-)SLI. This is just a heads up (read: I can't comment further) for fans looking at buying multiple PGs that it is being worked on, and Nvidia will communicate this fully in their own time. Keep an eye on future betas change-log.

Basically - right now - you currently get 1 output per card. If you are only running 1 display then you get 2/3/4-way. If you need more outputs you have to turn off SLI. But this will change..
21 REPLIES 21

zombi
Level 7
Thanks for the important information.

Do you know if Gsync is compatible with 2 way SLI? I have two 780 Ti's that I would like to use.
Thanks!

Bigburkeyboy wrote:
Do you know if Gsync is compatible with 2 way SLI? I have two 780 Ti's that I would like to use.
Thanks!

^This^

I have two GTX780 6GB, would like to run 2 SWIFT's (one DP from each card). I will only use 1 monitor for gaming though, the secondary monitor will be for multitasking LOL. Would it then be best to use, say, a DVI to DP converter and run both monitors from the primary video card?

*edit* My MB will be M7F, so Tri-SLI and therefore 3 SWIFT's is not possible.

Pahani wrote:
^This^

I have two GTX780 6GB, would like to run 2 SWIFT's (one DP from each card). I will only use 1 monitor for gaming though, the secondary monitor will be for multitasking LOL. Would it then be best to use, say, a DVI to DP converter and run both monitors from the primary video card?

*edit* My MB will be M7F, so Tri-SLI and therefore 3 SWIFT's is not possible.

You will have to manually turn off/on the second monitor and then enable/disable SLI each time you want to run G-Sync in game. There's no other shortcut currently sorry.

I'm glad that this information was shared since the other thread on this topic was deleted. Thanks MarshallR@ASUS! Please keep us posted. I'm running Tri-SLI 780Ti and wouldn't mind putting three of these together in portrait mode. 😄

Bigburkeyboy wrote:
Thanks!

If you're only using 1 monitor it will work with 2/3/4-way because you only need the 1 DP output.
If you are using more than 1 monitor, no, you will be limited to a single card performance.

X-ROG
Level 15
Yea tried to find that topic before making that one. We had server downtime recently so may have lost some threads I guess 😞 V.sorry!

NavasC
Level 7
Question - if i have two monitors that are NOT DP (one is DVI, one is HDMI) that i want to use as multitasking monitors, all plugged into one card, I can still get SLI performance on the DP monitor?

NavasC wrote:
Question - if i have two monitors that are NOT DP (one is DVI, one is HDMI) that i want to use as multitasking monitors, all plugged into one card, I can still get SLI performance on the DP monitor?

Yes, but as far as I know you have to disable the second monitor to be able to enable GSync for gaming. Since GSync has to run full screen you can't have one monitor running GSync and another 'normal'. Then your single GSync monitor will take advantage of SLI.