cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crucial ballistix tactical tracer 1600MHZ 16gb kit compatible with M7H and 4790K?

Mtiefenberg
Level 7
Hey guys

I was hoping to order some gskill tridentX Memory, but sadly the vendor is not having them on stock and can't tell me when they will be available again.

So i have to move on to plan B. :eek:

I have found the Crucial BLT2CP8G3D1608DT2TXOBCEU Wich is a 16gb kit running 1600MHZ at cl8.

Crucial states that they support xmp profiles. However i have not found one review on them. Also Asus own QVL Page is a bit iffy here. So my question is if this kit would be able to run with my upcoming M7H and 4790K. I would hate not to be able to run my new rig very soon. :eek:

Apparently the crucial kit is capable of some serious OC'ing but i don't think i will do that.

I am ordering via https://www.komplett.dk/crucial-ddr3-ballistix-tactical-16gb/776809 And this is the Crucial kit.

I would be absolutely overjoyed if anyone who could share some info would post his advice here. So please don't hold back.

Regards

Marcus
3 REPLIES 3

xx4L0Mxx
Level 7
Hi.

I have 16gb ( 2 x 8GB ) of the Crucial Ballistix RAM on a ASUS Hero VII with a 4770k@4.6ghz.

RAM works perfectly. XMP profile is 1600mhz, but i have it running perfectly stable at 1866mhz.

Regards !

xx4L0Mxx wrote:
Hi.

I have 16gb ( 2 x 8GB ) of the Crucial Ballistix RAM on a ASUS Hero VII with a 4770k@4.6ghz.

RAM works perfectly. XMP profile is 1600mhz, but i have it running perfectly stable at 1866mhz.

Regards !

Not quite my system, but it sure looks promising. Thank you mate. 😄

Regards

Mtiefenberg
Level 7
Oh my bad... i misread your post... i read that you had the Hero I ... :eek:

Well in that case it looks promising indeed. :cool: