cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Maximus vi Formula] Q-code 00 problem, Can't enter BIOS again.

AntoineHa
Level 7
Hi,

Today I received all my parts for my computer and started building.
I first tested the gpu, cpu, psu, mobo and RAM outside of the case, the system booted up and got into the bios without any problems.
I put everything in the box exept the optical drive and boot up, again, everything boots up perfectly and I can get into the BIOS.
I shut my system down and Install my optical drive, I restart my computer and it doesn't beep nor boot into the BIOS.
I got an error on the motherboard; Q-code = 00. ( I don't think that the optical drive is the cause of this problem)
I started looking for solutions online but none of them worked.
I :
*booted with only the cpu
*replaced RAM
*updated flash BIOS (not with the latest one becaus I couldn't figure out how, there wasn't a .CAP file in the zip folder as far as I know.
*unpluged the sata connectors
*Changed the 8pin and 4pin powercord for the CPU power
*checked if I bended any pins on the CPU.

This are all my parts:

Cooler master computercase
Desktop hard drive green 2TB
SSD Samsung 120GB
Asus maximus vi formula
Intel 1150 i5-4690k
8gb corsair vengeance ram
cooler master V850
DVD drive
MSI GTX 770 Twin Frozr
Corsair Hydro series h100i

Nothing works, and I don't know why. If you could help me that would be great, thank you in advance!
7 REPLIES 7

Tokens210
Level 10
I'm not 100% sure but if the 4690k is hasewell refresh that's probly the issue, there's a thread in the sticky section about things that must be done to the vi line for a 4790k to work since that's the same just a level up you may have to do the same

Maximus vi boards cannot run hasewell refresh without first having a plain hasewell and using the bios updater tool in the os to update the system

And I can't remember exactly but idk if vengemce ram plays nice with the board either
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo

AntoineHa
Level 7
I can't flash the bios of the latest update: 1504 because there is (as far as I know) no .CAP file, someone who could help?
Download link of the latest BIOS for the Maximus VI Formula: http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1150/Z87-C/BIOS_updater_for_4th_Gen_Intel_Core_CPU.zip

Chino
Level 15
1. Remove the CPU from the motherboard.
2. Make sure that power is going to the motherboard.
3. Download the 1505 BIOS from Asus website.
4. Format a USB pendrive to FAT32.
5. Extract the BIOS file and rename the file to M6F.CAP.
6. Put the BIOS file on your USB pendrive.
7. Connect the USB pendrive to the the USB BIOS Flashback port.
8. Press the USB BIOS Flashback button for three seconds until the LED begins to blink, then release.
9. Wait until the LED stops blinking.
10. Reinstall the CPU.
11. Power up your system and let it continue with the update process. It should take like 30 seconds or so.
12. Once your system restarts, you're good to go.

AntoineHa
Level 7
I did everything like you said, but when I powered on my system it shutdown Immediatly and then restarted, still displaying the 00 q-code, no beep, nothing. does this mean my mobo is broken?

Chino
Level 15
Is it in the case or have you took it out again? Put the motherboard on top of the box it came in. Use the stock heatsink. See if it works.

AntoineHa
Level 7
Already tried that, It didn't work

Corsair_Riker
Level 10
When you did the steps Chino outlined - did you remove everything from your motherboard?

Basically - you would want to follow the steps outlined here:

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?48855-Must-Do-s-for-making-4790K-work-with-Maximus-VI-Mothe...
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Maximus VI Formula (BIOS 0804)
CPU: Intel i5-4670k
HDD 1: Samsung SSD 250G 840BW EVO
HDD 2: Western Digital WD10EZEX 1TB Caviar Blue 7200rpm
RAM: 16gb (2x8) G. Skill RipJawsX DDR3-2133
PSU: Seasonic X-Series 750W 80 Plus Gold
GPU: Gigabyte GV-N770OC-4GD
CASE: Fractal Design Define R4
OPTICAL DRIVE: Pioneer BDR-209DBK
MONITOR: Samsung S24C300HL; BenQ E2200HD
Other: MS Wired 600; Logitech MX 310; Sennheiser PC 151 & Logitech Z150