cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Swift PG278Q: Time Until Availability in the US?

Asperity
Level 7
When I looked at the ROG Swift page on the ROG Site it said to be available in the NA in early August, which goes along with what MarshallR@ASUS said. But now that I have taken another look at that exact same page, there seems to have been a ninja edit of some sort and it is saying that the monitor will be available by the end of August. Other sites have reported to be as long as early September. Can we get a solid time frame? I've been holding out on buying a new monitor. JJ @ ASUS PCDIY has been constantly been saying the same words over and over for months (2 more weeks, stay tuned very soon for more info).
68 REPLIES 68

X-ROG
Level 15
Please ask our US colleges on ASUS North America Facebook page. My info was posted earlier than theirs so there could be a small delay I don't know about.

MarshallR@ASUS wrote:
Please ask our US colleges on ASUS North America Facebook page.

No offense to the Asus folks watching the Facebook page, but they rarely respond to inquiries or messages. All they do is continually post pics of the next monster PC build, etc.

Can we get an official statement from Asus regarding the US availability of the panel? Anyone? Please?
System specs: click here.

jasonvp wrote:
No offense to the Asus folks watching the Facebook page, but they rarely respond to inquiries or messages. All they do is continually post pics of the next monster PC build, etc.

Can we get an official statement from Asus regarding the US availability of the panel? Anyone? Please?
|

Seriously? The ASUS North America Facebook guys like Phil are great. They respond all the time, I even banter back and forth with them.

So far, all signs point to the end of August from what I've been told.

Kronvict
Level 9
It appears that the PG278Q has been confirmed at $649 USD!!! 😄 Bring on the pre orders!!!!

Kronvict wrote:
It appears that the PG278Q has been confirmed at $649 USD!!! 😄 Bring on the pre orders!!!!

End of August!!!!! Nuuuuu I wanted to play video games on it!!

Anyways, I was going to buy two gtx 780TI Matrix cards but I'm not buying them anymore. Gtx 880 is around the corner and I want to push 120fps+ on my games.
Cruel Angel
------------------------------

CPU: i7 4770k 4.7Ghz 1.425v
MB: Maximus VI Formula
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro (2400Mhz OC) 16GB
GPU: Reference GTX 560Ti ( GTX 880 Coming Soon!)
PSU: Corsair AX 1200i
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB
HDD: WD Black 2TB
Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D
Mouse: MLG Sensei
KeyBoard: Corsair K70 RED
Monitor: BENQ XL2420T

Custom Water Cooling

Pahani
Level 9
Not to appear cheeky to EU people.....

At the original US MSRP, I'll buy 1. If the $649 price ends up being correct, I'll buy 2.

kkn
Level 14
and they only work on 1 graphic card, remember that pahani.
1 card = 1 monitor.

Hitman_Actual
Level 7
It's 8-4-2014 I'm sadly awaiting pre-order site. I really hope this new price is correct! $649 is way more palpable.
ROG Z790-APEX : 13900KF (RTX4080) / EVGA Z370-FTW: 9900KF (RTX3080)
YouTube
RigPics

Kronvict
Level 9
It appears that ASUS has once again misinformed us regarding release information on this monitor. I feel like this product release has been a debacle. :mad: