Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Shadowarez- This is a problem common with *any* product launch in the history of ever. There's always a few lemons. Like I've mentioned in a few other threads, the problem is (grossly) misrepresented by the fact that people aren't coming in here to make support posts for how happy they are with their monitor. Those people (myself included) are having way too much fun with their new monitor, and the people here making posts, while their problems are real, are small in number compared to the actual # of monitors out in the wild.

Keep in mind, most people knew going in this was a bleeding-edge tech monitor. You don't make a monitor first of its class (2560x1440, 144Hz, GSync, 1 MS response) with a custom-made 8-bit panel and get all 100% of them right. There was bound to be some adoption issues.

This isn't "a persistent issue" for the next 3 years. It's a persistent issue only if you get a monitor that's bad and have to RMA it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

just a sad fyi...

i live a 20-minute drive from asus world headquarters in beitou, taiwan - i want to buy three and have been on the phone with them (even speaking mandarin to the higher-ups) week to week since this was first released...

not available at all in taiwan! at any price!! even if i drive to the front door of world hq and offer them full msrp and a us$300 tip!!! (that's less than the shipping [back] from the states...and taiwan customs says they'll charge import and vat for this "import")

those of you that already have one...well, you've got it (enjoy); you got it first (ironic); i had a 8000+ mile headstart and you still won (go figure)

seems the only way to buy top-tier parts here in the land o' asus, asrock, msi, evga and gigabyte is to wait for a local to smuggle a piece or two in their luggage after a visit stateside - and then it's put up on yahoo.tw (the local amazon) at a 30-50% premium and no possible rma or warranty service

count your blessings while you scratch your head over this boondoggle

for tri monitor setup you need 3 GPU's since it only runs on display port.
    and nvidia is mainly adviced since thats what the g-sync is supporting.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by kkn View Post
    for tri monitor setup you need 3 GPU's since it only runs on display port.
    and nvidia is mainly adviced since thats what the g-sync is supporting.
    But GTX980 coming tommorow has 3 display port

Quote Originally Posted by class101 View Post
    But GTX980 coming tommorow has 3 display port
    i didn't say 980, i didn't spessify what cards exept nvidia.

ROG Member Array

Monitor is in stock at amazon in US right now. Was 9 units left about 15 min ago, now down to 5.

New ROGer Array

Still nearly impossible to get them. San Diego Fry's hasn't had them in since the 3 they got for launch, which went in about 2 hours of them opening.
    Amazon's only seller is a third-party with a $100 markup.
    Shop (dot com) has them for a $100 markup.
    ShopBLT has them for $780 with free shipping and no tax... (also backordered, not in stock) but if you get a bad pixel or anything you're SOL because they don't do returns.

Not looking great this far into the launch.. My GTX 980 SLI setup is still running on a 1080p 60Hz monitor! DSR proves I can run 4K at 40-60 FPS most of my games, even maxxed out... so maybe I should just go for that "other brand" 4K G-Sync monitor coming out next month. Same price too.. only downside is 60Hz (but not too bad at 4K and I'm used to it).

C'mon ASUS just make more than 5 a week

ROG Enthusiast Array jasonvp PC Specs
    jasonvp PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorIntel 7900X
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMK64GX4M8X4200C19 Vengeance LPX 64GB
    Graphics Card #1NVidia Titan X (Pascal)
    Graphics Card #2NVidia Titan X (Pascal)
    Sound CardSound Blaster ZxR
    MonitorAsus ROG PG27UQ, 2 x LG 4K/60Hz
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung SM951 500GB M.2
    CPU CoolerCustom loop
    CaseCaseLabs Magnum THW10
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Unicomp USB Model M
    Mouse Logitech G502
    Headset Sennheiser HD800
    Mouse Pad People actually still use mousepads?!
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mattlgroff View Post
    Still nearly impossible to get them.
    I managed to get into the NewEgg back-order before they closed it down, so whenever they get their next shipment, mine will be sent. But as of today, even they have no clue as to when the next pallet of them will appear on our shores. Asus has been completely non-communicative even with their retailers.

So I sits and twiddles my thumbs. And continue playing BF4 with twin overclocked Titans on a 60Hz 1920x1200 24" panel.

New ROGer Array

Mine was delivered yesterday. Bought one from NCIX last Tuesday. Happened to check early in the morning. Saw some more show up in there system the next few days after i ordered.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140922_162519_resized_1 (2).jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	167.4 KB 
ID:	41468

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7