ROG Member Array

pg278q black screen once windows starts

I have a rog matrix gtix 770 ti and pg278q

Everything was working great....was enjoying sync goodness....

Then I was using the gpu tweak utility that comes with the card, and went to save my settings in profile 1.....accidentally loaded whatever was in profile 1 instead.... screen went black.

Now when I boot, I see the bios screen, but when windows starts to load, screen goes black...

I can boot fine connected to a different monitor - so I think it is an issue with the pg278q....

I can access the OSD while the system bios menu is displayed...I reset the settings to default.

But no matter what I do, once windows starts on the pg278q I get a black screen and it says "Out of Range" and I can no longer access the OSD

I am trying to reinstall drivers with a clean installation now....

Any other ideas

Thanks in advance for any help - I really appreciate it...
    Last edited by rcober; 09-21-2014 at 04:04 PM.

ROG Member Array

Good news - the clean install of the latest drivers seems to have fixed it....

:-)

Not really sure why or what happened...

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Costas PC Specs
    Costas PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Formula VIII
    ProcessorI7-6700K
    Memory (part number)Corsair CMD16GX4M2B3200C16
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 980Ti Classified
    Graphics Card #2EVGA 980Ti Classified
    MonitorROG PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung 512GB 950 PRO M2
    Storage #2Samsung 1Tb 850 PRO + WD Black HD's
    CPU CoolerCustom Loop
    CaseCaselabs SMA8
    Power SupplyCorsair Ax1500i
    Keyboard Corsair K70RGB
    Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013
    Headset Razer Tiamat 7.1

I had a similar experience with mine... Suspect it is either a driver type issue or the way the Display port detects a monitor the very first time (or a combination of both).

In my case I had trouble even displaying the bios screen on the very first attempt on hooking the monitor up. In my case I utilise UEFI mode exclusively [no CSM support] and I suspect that this caused the very first connection attempt to fail [no video when viewing bios/boot screens].

Once I sorted that out - I had issues booting into Windows like you did the first time as well. I reset the PC and it then detected the monitor connection the second time around without issue and it has been fine until I upgraded the nVidia driver the other day to the latest version and upon the very next boot into Windows [8.1] it caused the same problem - no video. I reset the PC once again [used reset button only ie not a full power cycle] and the monitor was then detected OK in Windows - and has been OK since.

So, pretty sure its some weird driver type issue rather than a hardware problem as such. In my case I managed to get it sorted without resorting to re-installing the drivers but I suspect that if I did it would have more than likely resulted in the same outcome.

Pertinent hardware in my case is a Hero VII [latest bios] equipped with an EVGA 780Ti Classified.
    Last edited by Costas; 09-22-2014 at 04:55 AM.