Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by dreday View Post
    5 left. Here is a link from amazon if you cant wait but the inflation is nasty.
    http://www.amazon.com/Asus-PG278Q-in...YZY955XNETZGAK
    I was avoiding that listing. They marked that sucker up and you still had to wait 3-5 weeks according to their availability. The listing for 799.99 with the option for prime members went up earlier today but are ofc should out already. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MSOND8C/...332200_TE_item

ROG Enthusiast Array

I saved my free trial of Amazon Prime just for this, so I got free shipping. Just gotta remember to cancel Amazon Prime before I get charged.

ROG Enthusiast Array jasonvp PC Specs
    jasonvp PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
    ProcessorAMD 5800X3D
    Memory (part number)TEAMGROUP T-Force Xtreem ARGB 3600MHz
    Graphics Card #1NVidia 4090 Founders
    Sound CardSound Blaster X7
    MonitorAsus ROG PG232QX
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
    CPU CoolerCustom loop
    CaseCaseLabs Magnum THW10
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Unicomp USB Model M
    Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless
    Headset Sennheiser HD820
    Mouse Pad People actually still use mousepads?!
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Now that the first shipment of the PG278 seems to be completely sold out, do the folks at ASUS have an estimate on the next shipment? And is there a chance that we could see an increase in production numbers? The current expectation via one of Amazon's resellers is: late September. Is that the current plan?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by jasonvp View Post
    Now that the first shipment of the PG278 seems to be completely sold out, do the folks at ASUS have an estimate on the next shipment? And is there a chance that we could see an increase in production numbers? The current expectation via one of Amazon's resellers is: late September. Is that the current plan?
    I too am interested in this... I have noticed the 3rd party seller on amazon has changed the availability date every time I check it started with Sept 22 to 23, 24, 25, 26 to now Sept 27th. I'm expecting it to be September 28th when I check tomorrow.

Will avoid that seller anyway since they jacked price by $100.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by compactiongames View Post
    I too am interested in this... I have noticed the 3rd party seller on amazon has changed the availability date every time I check it started with Sept 22 to 23, 24, 25, 26 to now Sept 27th. I'm expecting it to be September 28th when I check tomorrow.

I started planning my first computer build ever about 2 weeks ago. I ended up creating a pretty cool setup. While I was doing research for my system, I discovered the awesomeness of the RoG Swift monitor on their website. It was sold out everywhere and I wanted it. I was getting all my computer parts from my local Micro Center and I would ask them every time I was there if they had any. It wasn't even in their computer system and they had no clue. Then I went there on September 4th so I could get a price match on my 780 Ti Matrix Platinum Card. Newegg had it on sale for $619.00 and I had paid $749.00 for it a few days earlier. I got my price match (yay for saving money!) and then went back to the monitor department. I asked if they had any yet and they said no. The person who was helping me took my information down and said he would call me if he got any. As I was walking out of the store and to my car I heard him yelling my name... They had 2 boxes in the back room that were not in the system yet! CHA-CHING! I left there with my RoG Swift monitor for $799.00 plus tax and am using it right now. The cool thing is the fact that I got back $130.00 from my price match so I pretty much got this monitor for $669.00. Win!

The base is absolutely beautiful and everything moves so smoothly. I am not sure I noticed anything different yet though in the display. I am pretty sure I have to mess with some settings. Right now the only game I am playing is Elder Scrolls Online. I was playing it on my 27inch iMac (via bootcamp) at full ultra settings and it looked pretty amazing already, although it ran between 25-50fps. I haven't seen any difference yet with this new monitor. Sure, it is running a lot better with the new system I put together (70-80fps) but that's about it. I hope there is something I am doing wrong and maybe something I have missed because I hope it will look even better than what I was already playing it on. The iMac was capable of 1440 with a 60Hz refresh rate on the 2GB card it had in there. I'm waiting for my mind to be blown with this new monitor but am thinking I might have to play something different to experience the awesomeness.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by compactiongames View Post

I was wrong... they skilled Sept 28th and now say it's coming Sept 29th...

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array mdzcpa PC Specs
    mdzcpa PC Specs
    MotherboardCrosshair VIII Dark Hero
    Processor5900X 4.6ghz All core 1.3V, 5ghz single DOC
    Memory (part number)Gskill NEO 3600 CAS 14 32GB (4x8)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Strix RTX 3080
    Sound CardOn Board
    MonitorROG PG348Q
    Storage #1Samsung 980 Pro M.2 512GB for OS & APPS
    Storage #2Samsung 980 Pro M.2 1TB for GAMES
    CPU CoolerROG Ryujin 360
    CasePhanteks 500A Mesh
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime 1000W Titanium
    Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX RGB
    Mouse Corsair M65 RGB
    Headset Corsaur Virtuoso
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM300 Wide Desk Mat
    OS WIN 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys VELOP
    Accessory #1 ROG 751JY Laptop for Moobile Gaming
    Accessory #2 Koolance EXC-800 Chiller
    Accessory #3 25+ years of overclocking

New Egg has changed from Sold Out to Backorder and are now taking orders. They say shipping in 3-5 weeks.

I'm lucky that I was checking Amazon last week and for a brief moment I stumbled on the page when they had a few more in stock. It delivered last Friday. I can say this, it is worth waiting for. Although this monitor has less real estate and a more limited viewing angle than my IPS Dell U3011, the gaming experience is definitely improved. The 144mhz refresh and 1ms response time make a big different.

Hang in there guys and find one of these if you can.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Kronvict PC Specs
    Kronvict PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)MSI GT72 2QD Dominator
    MotherboardASUS ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 2700X
    Memory (part number)16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR4
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1080 FE
    Sound CardCreative Sound Blaster ZxR
    MonitorASUS ROG Swift PG278Q
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 500GB
    Storage #2WD Black 4TB
    CPU CoolerAsus ROG RYUO
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos II Ultra Tower
    Power SupplyCougar CMX 1000W
    Keyboard Corsair Vengence K70
    Mouse ASUS ROG GX1000
    Headset Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro
    Mouse Pad Corsair Aluminum
    Headset/Speakers Corsair SP2500
    OS Windows 10 Pro X64
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC87U

If you have a FRY's near you they seem to be in stock at some stores today. Check the website for local availability.

http://www.frys.com/product/8237286?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kronvict View Post
    If you have a FRY's near you they seem to be in stock at some stores today. Check the website for local availability.

http://www.frys.com/product/8237286?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Watching this like a hawk, and I think I have an employee on my side doing the watching as well. Thanks for the heads up. I've got two orders right now pending, TigerDirect with overnight shipping since 8/25... and ShopBLT a few days ago... I've been hitting up TD's customer service and at one point it was supposed to ship out Monday, but alas no news yet.

ROG Enthusiast Array Shadowarez's Avatar

Will the new batch be problem free or will this be a persistent issue for next 3 years? If these issues can't be sorted soon how long will it be before ppl stop buying these iv seen a few friends up here paying full retail only to get monitor's that were rma's and defective? Or is this just a launch issue and won't affect new batch.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast