Memory (part number)corsair dom. plat. 2113mhz 16gb
    Graphics Card #1980 TI Strix OC
    Graphics Card #2980 TI Strix OC
    Sound Cardrog xonar phoebus
    CPU Coolercorsair h100i
    Power Supplybequiet 1.2kW DPP7
    OS 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by izzyreb02 View Post
    The flicker is normal on game menu. I seem to notice that at time to time but that's just either related to Frame being under the requirement of the panel or its just cause there isn't much graphical going on compared when your actually in game doing the shooting where the flickering is no longer there.,

cause remember there is no monitor scaling in the panel like how other monitors have. Since G-Sync replaces that to. Every monitor usually have a scaller aneway but G-Sync has its own way of scaling so the GPU tells the monitor when to scan compared to the old tech.
    ah, did not know that! thank you for the info!
    what is this "scaling" that a monitor does? do you perhaps have a source or description where i could read up on?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array izzyreb02 PC Specs
    izzyreb02 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    Processor9900X
    Memory (part number)32 GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB DRR4 3200Mhz/F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 2080 OC
    Sound CardSound Blaster AE-5
    MonitorMG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 512 M.2
    Storage #22x 2TB WD HDD (DATA), 6TB WD (Games)
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe Riing 360mm
    CaseThermaltake View 71 Tempered Glass
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Gold 1200Watt
    Keyboard Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum
    Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
    Mouse Pad Logitech PowerPlay
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC88U

lol, I mentioned it in another thread when Tom Peterson mention that G-Sync will replace a few things like the main monitor scaling that all monitor has. Since G-Sync is doing the scaling it replaces the original monitor scaling in order for the GPU tell the monitor when to scan.

Heres the link where he mentions it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_FzXxGVNi4 at 39:28 of how he says it replaces the scaling but if you watch the entire video, he also mentions about the buffer on the G-Sync module and how people get confuse when people see a buffer on a monitor, when usually a monitor has something similar like that when it draws and scale the image to the panel at 23:58 when he explains how the buffer work (that's if you want to go abit deeper on the G-Sync itself)

Cause all monitors (usually all) have scalers inside of the monitor, in order to draw an image to the panel of the monitor. But since with the G-Sync Technology it replaces the scaler so the only thing is scaling image to the panel is your GPU. If you go to your Nvidia Control Panel and go to Adjust Desktop Size and Postion you will see that the GPU is the only thing that is scaling on to your monitor.

If you put a normal monitor on there, it would usually set on the monitor instead for default.

An Overclock monitor will help but you always experience a bit slutter or tearing in gaming. Since I also had the VG248QE with 144hz I still experience slutter and bit of tearing but now with G-Sync most of the bad stuff we been experience goes away.

As long you don't dip under 30 (from what most people say) and if your frames going to high over 144frames there be a tiny ounce of latency will be added.

The only way to fix that with no latency is to use your GPU tweak program and target the FPS range so it will cut the frames under 144 frames per second on the game engine so you wont experience latency or use the console of the game engine and type the commands of the max refresh rate so it will stay under 144 frame per second so there wont be any latency being added in your game. But that is only to games that are not GPU/CPU tense related (like Counter Strike etc)

But anyway, it be good if you watch the entire video cause he also explains flicker to, like what happens if you go under the requirement level of the panel of the monitor. 54:20

But all in all, I love my ROG swift. Its meant for gaming, where its meant to be played.. LOL xD
    Last edited by izzyreb02; 10-16-2014 at 11:22 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by cars10 View Post
    I did this and of course the monitor turns green and there is flicker and what not. Clearly, the monitor fails these tests because of some technical panel reason unbeknownst to me.
    Also getting that green screen if my browser is not maximized, but that's not really what is to test for us. If you have your browser maximized in 2560x1440 and click http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/inversion.php#invpattern and click Next once you should see a big grey picture filled with pixels

And from here if you move the little horizontal slider of the browser at the bottom of your screen from left to right you can clearly see similar vertical lines that you might catch in-game but not so clearly

(Tested in Google Chrome with the bookmark bar showing, probably not all browsers have the same behaviour)

Green screen or screen picture flickering is not really part of this test, that's just the best test I could find to reproduce these lines outside a gaming environement because simply being on desktop is not enough to catch them

//edit: will make a video this is much simpler as English is not my main language
    Last edited by class101; 10-17-2014 at 03:13 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Got that effect in video

in browser test:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4d...V2RXgxaW8/view (hit download if you need original video quality)

I'm reproducing a little slide of a picture with pixels and it is producing similar lines I could catch in-game when the view slides, they are not that big ingame due to the various different pixels used but still they are noticable because that's the first thing I did notice while jumping to that monitor

//edit:

in game test:
    In this video at exactly 8.525sec you will notice this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4d...lRb2c3R1U/view

And so on, disturbing in game when you come from a 60Hz not doing that at all, that's currently my biggest issue with it because anything else is amazing...

Only thing I can confirm is that it is not 900 serie related, because I had same behaviour on my 780

//edit2: If someone can show this to a Asus tech, this would be probably be simpler for them to notice this in videos and pictures if they can't notice it in a stress test !
    Last edited by class101; 10-17-2014 at 09:42 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array cars10 PC Specs
    cars10 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Formula 7
    Processor4790k
    CPU Coolercorsair h100i
    OS 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by class101 View Post
    Got that effect in video
    wait... your screen doesn't turn green ???

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by cars10 View Post
    wait... your screen doesn't turn green ???
    Only if I don't maximize the browser, and only the picture is green (not the screen) so I'm assuming it is just a javascript check to inform you are not in the best conditions to run that test, really forget about that green color I do get it too and that's not really the problem

For better visibility since this thread is about a 3D mode, I made a new one this time with pictures as proof in a "Normal mode"

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...facts&p=444177

If you can do the same test as me and report I'm trying to figure out if it is a problem affecting only my unit or all of them

ROG Enthusiast Array cars10 PC Specs
    cars10 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus Formula 7
    Processor4790k
    CPU Coolercorsair h100i
    OS 8.1

Only if I don't maximize the browser, and only the picture is green (not the screen) so I'm assuming it is just a javascript check to inform you are not in the best conditions to run that test
    No, this is incorrect.

1. it is not javascript. It is the Swift failing to display that pattern.
    2. the problem is only on the Swift (other monitors do not turn green).
    3. It is more than just the window, all pixels on the horizontal lines where it is green also turn brighter (usually).

ROG Member Array

Only if I don't maximize the browser, and only the picture is green (not the screen) so I'm assuming it is just a javascript check to inform you are not in the best conditions to run that test, really forget about that green color I do get it too and that's not really the problem

For better visibility since this thread is about a 3D mode, I made a new one this time with pictures as proof in a "Normal mode"

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...facts&p=444177

If you can do the same test as me and report I'm trying to figure out if it is a problem affecting only my unit or all of them
    It's not Javascript it's the monitor and it effects of all of them. I haven't had a single person who couldn't see it in the test and out of all my different models of monitors it's the only one that does it. By this point I've just accepted the fact that ASUS doesn't seem to give a crap as the majority of people who own the monitor don't either. I've grown accustomed to it and that's that.

ROG Enthusiast Array

but I can't anymore recommend this Monitor without mentioning this, I feel like I have been lying to a lot of people saying this monitor is 5/5 beautiful.

ROG Member Array

Does anyone have an example of the monitor that does not have the issue with the vertical lines in games and the posted test? In some games it is very noticeable for me and I am deciding whether I try another monitor, or give up on the Swift

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast