Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by TurboGuard View Post
    My unit is October 2014 and is still showing pixel inversion. ESPECIALLY bad for colorful 2D games.
    And this is why I got my refund today instead of accepting the replacement the store received from Asus. Sad times. Asus if you're reading this you need to up your QA. This experience was horrible for me buying your product that does not function as you would expect ANY LCD screen to function. It's not acceptable and has turned me off Asus products permanently (I might give you another chance if you admit and fix the PG278Q problems), I almost picked up an Asus Maximus VII Ranger a month ago but this experience taught me that Asus=low quality so I went with someone else. I can only hope that a competitor releases a similar product as 120hz, 2560x1440 with Gsync was truly amazing.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by executable3 View Post
    And this is why I got my refund today instead of accepting the replacement the store received from Asus. Sad times. Asus if you're reading this you need to up your QA. This experience was horrible for me buying your product that does not function as you would expect ANY LCD screen to function. It's not acceptable and has turned me off Asus products permanently (I might give you another chance if you admit and fix the PG278Q problems), I almost picked up an Asus Maximus VII Ranger a month ago but this experience taught me that Asus=low quality so I went with someone else. I can only hope that a competitor releases a similar product as 120hz, 2560x1440 with Gsync was truly amazing.

Yea im hoping the same that a competitor releases something with the same specs and im going to swap. Was going to go for rma and get another one but everyone on here that has gone through rma for this issue has just ended up with another unit that does the same thing. I have an rma open at the moment and the shop I bought it off was really good about it, I have explained everything to them and they have said its really up to me if I want to rma. But now im swaying more towards a refund. This monitor looks great but the lcd in it is not up to the task. It pisses me off all the people that gave it glowing reviews, they have not reviewed it properly. I don't think I will be buying another Asus monitor again

ROG Enthusiast Array

If asus brings out a firmware that fixes this, my complaints would be gone. I really like the monitor but this inversion thing is a down fall and a half. If someone from asus actually bothers to read this, the small bezel, gsync and everything is perfect except the inversion, this is a good product but I will not recommend it to people because of this problem. Im seeing these lines everywhere now, games, 3d is shocking and even on facebook you see it when scrolling.

Asus? you guys bought a product out that in just about all aspects is very good. EXCEPT!!! this inversion thing, the longer this goes on I feel the more dishonest Asus is. Someone make a statement!!! Either state if this screen has trouble performing at these specs and it is what it is. Or tell people is a fault and you will do something about it. I have a strong feeling this monitor is not capable of what is stated on the box! I don't want to put people of asus products but this one is an utter fail and should be pulled off the market. I know asus don't make the LCD panel in this and AU optronics make it. ASUS GET IT SORTED WITH THE SUPPLIER, THIS LCD PANEL IS NOT UP TO THE JOB!!!!

ROG Member Array

They collected my swift today for repair. They seemed to acknowledge the problem and didn't ask any question after the RMA and scheduled a pickup. I'll update on the repair progress.

For now, I think this is a QA problem, it's impossible to believe that every single swift has this stripes issue, seriously it's even visible on facebook when scrolling. If this monitor is really selling like crazy, and every one of them had the stripes, this forum would be on fire as well as others. The majority of users would notice, because the swift is marketed for hardcore PC gamers who know their stuff.
    Last edited by trAnwhiiz; 11-09-2014 at 11:15 AM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by trAnwhiiz View Post
    They collected my swift today for repair. They seemed to acknowledge the problem and didn't ask any question after the RMA and scheduled a pickup. I'll update on the repair progress.

For now, I think this is a QA problem, it's impossible to believe that every single swift has this stripes issue, seriously it's even visible on facebook when scrolling. If this monitor is really selling like crazy, and every one of them had the stripes, this forum would be on fire as well as others. The majority of users would notice, because the swift is marketed for hardcore PC gamers who know their stuff.
    How long you been waiting for them to pick up yours? Im waiting for this over one week.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by trAnwhiiz View Post

Please let me know how your next one turns out. If you do get one without this problem ill be taking mine back. I have an RMA open for this at the moment but haven't done anything more about it as I read others have just got one back with same problems.

ROG Enthusiast Array

DId anyone here try the new Nvidia hotfix 344.80 beta drivers and see if that removed the alternate bright and dark vertical lines ? It most probably wont but it is worth a try. it did not remove it for me. http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3607

Also, does changing the cable help? Has anyone tried?

New ROGer Array

Personally, I had a PG278Q dated July 2014 with vertical lines esp in 3D or games. I sent it to RMA. Now I have a new PG278Q dated October 2014: perfect, no vertical stripe.
    Cables and drivers are not the cause of this defect.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I hooked the monitor back up with the hotfix drivers and its working fine. But that doesn't mean anything because it always takes a while for the problem to show up for me. I'll use it for a day or two and test.

I find it hard to imagine bad nVidia drivers were causing the problems I was seeing but its better to find out.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Nope, problem recurred after about 20-30 minutes. I still think its a heat issue.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast