Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

I'm able to create weird streaky patterns using this image: http://www.techmind.org/lcd/dotinv.html in a browser,
    it looks fine if it takes up more than 50% of the screen width, but anyhting less, and it turns green and light and dark bands form all the way across the screen.

ROG Member Array

I am seeing this as well on my ROG Swift. It's especially noticeable when playing Hearthstone (when screen shakes due to effects), Trine (smoke) and in Far Cry 3 muzzle flashes and smoke. It seems to happen with only certain colors and when there's certain kind of motion going on in the screen.

Oh yes.. I'm currently using a single GTX 680. The monitor is otherwise quite perfect, with zero dead or bright pixels etc.

ROG Member Array

Im having these problems to. Fast movement in wow or moving windows fast at the desktop in windows 7
    Last edited by grahnen; 08-20-2014 at 07:59 AM.

ROG Member Array

Some people have been saying it's because of bugged pixel mapping or something. In some games you can literally see the effect all the time, is my monitor broken or does it happen on all of them? I think the same effect is called "screen door effect" on Techreport.com review.

http://techreport.com/review/26870/a...tor-reviewed/6

One thing I have learned to notice since our review of Asus' 4K TN monitor is the "screen door" effect caused by FRC, or temporal dithering. So that's great, because now I can't un-see it, ever. I have noticed some screen-door artifacts while gaming on the PG278Q, usually in hues of medium brightness. They are by nature ephemeral and hard to spot, but it is what it is. I don't think I've ever noticed such patterns on an IPS display.

New ROGer Array

Same here
    I notice it once in a while during BF4 gaming sessions. Without 3D. Very annoying. So, is there any way to reduce this effect?

New ROGer Array

I just got my PG278Q and I'm seeing the same stuff in games and in windows (2D, not 3d vision). Is there any way to adjust this?

ROG Member Array

Same. See it in bright images on dark backgrounds. It looks like a checkered pattern ingrained into the texture. It's really annoying with fonts and stuff. Extremely noticeable in Dota 2 on healthbars. I hope it can be fixed via firmware.

ROG Member Array

Screen 1 - Bad pixels (dont know about this effect)
    Screen 2 - Having this problem (manufactured july)
    Screen 3 - Having a little less of this problem but worse colors. (manufactured aug)

Turning off overdrive makes it appear less.

ROG Member Array

So like there are people reporting on overclock that they don't have the issue.. should I just RMA my monitor then?

New ROGer Array

Same problem here from the very first batch of monitors.

Check out the green name plates and how the loose sharpness and get all grainy. There are many bright spell effects in WoW which also get all "grainy" but almost only at close range.

http://youtu.be/gm7lNyv-frk (watch it in HD and make sure HD has properly buffered which means you may have to watch it again)

I've tried running in 60, 85, 100, 120, 144Hz - no difference
    I've tried all OD modes - no difference
    Turned off G-sync - no difference
    Installed new drivers and even used DDU to purge the old ones - no difference

In darker games like Thief, Tomb Raider or Metro 2033 this issue is less of a problem but in brighter games like Heartstone, WoW, DOTA 2 it's visible.
    Last edited by Netherwind; 08-29-2014 at 07:51 AM.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast