Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

red vertical stripes

I may have a different problem. When I turn on the rog swift with no input the right half of my screen on a blank/black background has red vertical stripes. With input in the sections that are black/blank will have red vertical stripes on the right side of the screen. I tried factory reset of the display and that didn't help either.

Update:

The red vertical stripes are no longer on blank/black backgrounds. Now they appear in gray backgrounds. They problem is still on the right half the screen, but when I bring up a gray scale pattern the effect has shifted from blacks to grays.

Update:

The red vertical stripes are back on blank/black backgrounds. I let the monitor and pc go into sleep mode. Coming out of sleep mode so far the red lines have disappeared from the screen.
    Last edited by goondo; 08-30-2014 at 11:45 PM.

ROG Member Array

Yup, that sounds like a totally different problem than most of us are experiencing.

New ROGer Array

fixed

I too saw a few issues, but all fixed and glorious gaming now.

My issues were blurred text and distracting screen door effect in game (bf4)

Text cleared up perfectly when I set display to native resolution 1440.

Screen door some what cleared up when disabling overdrive, but I still could notice it a lil bit.
    I run a single 670gtx @ 1080 (120hz with ulmb and g-sync)

Again when I set the resolution (in game) to 1440@120hz with ulmb and g-sync, the screen door is gone!
    I have to run @ low settings (bf4 still looks glorious) I adv 100-120fps

I am assuming anything below the native 1440 rez causes issues.

Hope this helps!

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Vapyr View Post
    Text cleared up perfectly when I set display to native resolution 1440.
    I don't want to be rude, but not using the native resolution is a pretty amateurish mistake. It's not what's causing most peoples problem.

I suspect It's caused by uneven voltage of the two different states in the panels lcd-inversion circuit. Claims that this can be fixed by updating OS or driver are not correct. I could see it on the screens OSD without anything even connected. Perhaps it can be fixed through the service menus. I'm guessing ASUS is pretending there is no problem until they have a fix ready.

Not everyone seems bothered by it either.

New ROGer Array

yep that sounds plausible. I did return my screen as a result.

ROG Member Array

Happened on two I tried. Does not really bother me that much to be honest. As long as the panel stays reliable over the years i'll be happy.

ROG Member Array

Can someone please make a picture of the issue concerning the OSD? Or tell me how to notice it at the OSD?

Got the screen here and have a hard time to see this problem, but I want to make sure if mine is affected, as I suppose, or not.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by rothron View Post
    I don't want to be rude, but not using the native resolution is a pretty amateurish mistake.
    Well, I suspect there are many others that have 600 series cards or are running games at 1080 until the next gen of cards come out.
    I found it revelant because the screenshot on the fist page looks EXACTLY what I have been experiencing.
    I t didn't take me long to figure it out, however, there maybe others frustrated with the issue.
    Guess I'll be gaming on low settings @1440 until the 800s are released.

...interesting, none of the previous posts mention resolution, could I be on to something?!
    Last edited by Vapyr; 09-02-2014 at 07:39 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array izzyreb02 PC Specs
    izzyreb02 PC Specs
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    Processor9900X
    Memory (part number)32 GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB DRR4 3200Mhz/F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR
    Graphics Card #1Asus Strix 2080 OC
    Sound CardSound Blaster AE-5
    MonitorMG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung EVO 512 M.2
    Storage #22x 2TB WD HDD (DATA), 6TB WD (Games)
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe Riing 360mm
    CaseThermaltake View 71 Tempered Glass
    Power SupplySeasonic Prime Gold 1200Watt
    Keyboard Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum
    Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum
    Mouse Pad Logitech PowerPlay
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z906 5.1 Surround
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC88U

Well, I suspect there are many others that have 600 series cards or are running games at 1080 until the next gen of cards come out.
    I found it revelant because the screenshot on the fist page looks EXACTLY what I have been experiencing.
    I t didn't take me long to figure it out, however, there maybe others frustrated with the issue.
    Guess I'll be gaming on low settings @1440 until the 800s are released.

...interesting, none of the previous posts mention resolution, could I be on to something?!
    That's if there is going to be a 800's Cards. In recent news they maybe skipping straight to the GTX 900's series of cards (Basically a renaming to keep things clear in the market place). We aren't totally certain for sure but if they did make that move. That would be a leap forward to go for.
    Last edited by izzyreb02; 09-03-2014 at 01:11 AM.

ROG Member Array

Nope choosing the wrong resolution is really a rookie mistake and i don't see a lot of hardware enthusiast that pay 800$ for a top of the line 1440p monitor make this mistake.

I have had two of these monitors and i send them both back because of vertical lines. It is hard to see but when you do see it you can't unsee it.
    Last edited by XenoMorphLV426; 09-03-2014 at 07:38 AM.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast