Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Try this:
    Menu>Color>ColorTemp>UserMode and change all values to 95

EDIT: Never mind... changing color settings only hides the problem and doesn't fix it. I have a faulty monitor and will be returning it tomorrow.
    Last edited by Stickywulf; 09-25-2014 at 11:50 AM.

Is that problem confirmed in every ROG SWIFT panel? I'm awaiting delivery of one and thinking about cancelling it if that is the case.

New ROGer Array

I just got the DSLR and macro lens out to figure out what the monitor is actually doing. It appears that under fast motion, every other lines of red LEDs is dimmed significantly. Since the LEDs are layed out horizontally, a dimming of red LEDs in every other line appears as interlacing under fast motion.

ASUS, we are not talking out of our asses here. This is a legit issue, please address it. I want to know if this is an isolated issue or if it affect all PG278Qs, and if this is fixable by some sort of firmware update or driver.

Edit: Upon examining some video, it appears that the display alternates which lines of red LEDs is on each frame. Which means, this is by design and some kind of PWM control of the red LEDs which doesn't exist for the other colors.

Why exactly is this necessary? Why can the red LEDs not just operate normally?
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos ROGSwift_pixels.jpg  

Last edited by vOidward; 09-26-2014 at 08:11 PM.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by vOidward View Post
    I just got the DSLR and macro lens out to figure out what the monitor is actually doing. It appears that under fast motion, every other lines of red LEDs is dimmed significantly. Since the LEDs are layed out horizontally, a dimming of red LEDs in every other line appears as interlacing under fast motion.

Upon examining some video, it appears that the display alternates which lines of red LEDs is on each frame. Which means, this is by design and some kind of PWM control of the red LEDs which doesn't exist for the other colors.

Why exactly is this necessary? Why can the red LEDs not just operate normally?
    Is this a red problem only because of three monitors tested. The first one the lines where most viewable on light green edges. The second one was on light blue the third is most light yellow/green. Could this effect be on other colors to or have i just been mistaken by diffrent calibrations?

New ROGer Array

I have the exact same problem. I can definitely see the pixel inversion problem while playing world of warcraft. It's pretty bad actually. A person described the issue pretty well on a review in Amazon:

"The second and probably the biggest issue I have found is something called "Pixel Inversion" others have referred it it as a couple other names. Essentially the jist of the problem is that brighter colored objects (light blues and light greens especially) become distorted when in motion. It almost looks like a checkboard pattern and can be seen here courtesy of TFT Central:

PG278Q: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/images/p...ift_pg278q.jpg
    VG278HE: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/images/p...us_vg278he.jpg

In the first image on the right hand side you can see the vertical line pattern of the blurred images behind the actual rendering. This artifact occurs in nearly every game I have tested. It shows up for brief periods of time on brighter objects that are in motion. Things like muzzle flashes, explosions, or even the green names that hover above characters in MMO's (World of Warcraft to be specific). The effect at first wasn't very noticeable to me but once I started seeing it in more games it's nearly impossible to unsee. In Dota 2 for example the textures on the ground in the "radiant" base show this effect slightly during any motion of the camera at all. I've also seen the effect in other games like Witcher 2 and Warframe. Now if I was the only one I'd simply just chalk it up to bad panel but there is a thread on ASUS Rog's forums with a number of people experiencing the issue. I also think more people will report the issue once they've spent some time with the monitor."

This is exactly what I experienced as well...

New ROGer Array

Are we ever going to get a response from ASUS? If this issue is permanent, I want to return the monitor. We all need a response... some have a return period window to get this done...

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Pichon33 View Post
    Are we ever going to get a response from ASUS? If this issue is permanent, I want to return the monitor. We all need a response... some have a return period window to get this done...
    I doubt they'll ever respond. Not enough people notice the issue to warrant a fix. The only way you'll see action is if you contact someone from like Anandtech to do a review and look into it.

Edit: Haha that amazon review is my review

New ROGer Array

Good explanation! it is so hard to describe... but really makes me upset to play world of warcraft and see the distorted name plates and artifacts during movement... ASUS there is a reason why you want this forums! PLEASE RESPOND!!!!

ROG Member Array

Good find there voidward. That would explain the flashing/flickering on some load screens i've noticed as the pixels are constantly turning on and off. I hope Asus responds to this as if there's no intention of fixing this issue i'll refund right now and wait for a different company to release a similar product.

ROG Member Array

Just Terrible

I went to a friends house and he is having the lines issue. I am so disappointed. Mine is on order with B&H Photo. Why of all the times I want a product to be great it's a stinker. Guess Asus doesn't think we'll buy competitor products when they know we have 3-6 months to wait. Ughh....

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast