ROG Enthusiast Array

Confusion over Swift PG278Q display port 1.2

Hey so I was looking at the specs for the new Swift PG278Q monitor and decided to research the Display port 1.2 (which the Swift PG278Q uses) but I noticed something...

On (http://www.pcworld.com/article/20306...-supreme-.html) it stated that display port 1.2 can only support 2560 by 1400.

Here is the artical:

"A single DisplayPort interface can support up to four monitors at 1920-by-1200-pixel resolution each, or two monitors at 2560-by-1600-pixel resolution, with each display receiving independent audio and video streams. And since some GPUs can support multiple DisplayPort interfaces, you can daisy-chain compatible monitors to connect as many as six displays to one source."

So I was wondering if you connect 3 Swift PG278Q how would you do when a display port 1.2 is less than the 7680 by 1440.

Probs an obvious answer but just noticed it.

Thanks

Helium Chilled Array _ PC Specs
    _ PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G46VW
    MotherboardRampage IV Gene
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-3930K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (CMD32GX3M4A2133C9)
    Graphics Card #1ROG Matrix GTX 780 Ti
    Sound CardROG SupremeFX III
    MonitorASUS VG248QE with GSync mod
    Storage #1Plextor PX-M2 SSD 120GB
    Storage #2G.Skill Phoenix Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
    CPU CoolerCooler Master Seidon 240M
    CaseCooler Master HAF-X
    Power SupplySeasonic X-750
    Keyboard Corsair K90
    Mouse ROG Gladius
    Headset ROG Orion
    OS Windows 8.1 Update 1
    Network RouterASUS RT-AC66U

The PG278Q only has a single DP so it is unable to do daisy-chaining.
    The assumptions in the article is the display is only 60Hz, but when you run up to 144Hz you require more than twice the data-rate, thus not enough bandwidth is left for extra monitors anyway.
    Finally Nvidia GPUs (certainly ASUS/ROG ones) don't have more than 1 DP port, so additional monitors require extra cards. Unfortunately SLI/Tri-SLI is currently incompatible with multiple card display outputs (all outputs must be connected to the primary card) and DVI/HDMI to DP adapters don't work with GSync. Nvidia will address this in a future driver update enabling SLI/Tri-SLI with surround, but due to technical limitations and significant variations of adapters/converter they will continue to be incompatible.
    Last edited by _; 07-31-2014 at 02:32 AM.