cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CPU Power Phase Control

hongsen
Level 7
I got a problem about the CPU Power Phase Control setting of my VII Hero MB.

In BIOS I set it to Extreme and turn off the Spread Spectrum. However, AI Suite 3 always shows it resets to Standard and turns the Spread Spectrum on. Even if I set it again manually in AI Suite 3, it always shows the default setting after reboot. I have checked BIOS. BIOS always shows it's correctly set to Extreme and the Spread Spectrum off.

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3

jab383
Level 13
Hi, Hongsen and welcome.

That which is done later in time usually rules. In this case, AI Suite settings are applied in Windows well after BIOS, so AI Suite rules. By the time you get back to BIOS on the next boot, that profile settings are the latest applied.

If you are using BIOS to set a power and overclock profile, perhaps you don't need AI Suite at all. I haven't used AI Suite since I ran into the same sort of conflict.

Jeff

I see different settings on BIOS and AI Suite. How can I know my bios settings are applied?

Thanks,
Hongsen

jab383
Level 13
You can use independent monitor programs. I use Aida64 or CPU-Z to check clock settings. Aida64 is also great for monitoring voltage, temperature, fans, power ...

Jeff