cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G750JS Video Card Issues after Driver Update (Code 43 in device manager)

Bruno2284
Level 7
So I updated to the newest driver on 07/29 because GeForce Experience made me aware there was a new driver, and 24 hours later, my Video card stop working. It crashed yesterday around 2:00pm while i was playing Hearthstone (not graphical demanding at all) and it wont respond anymore. Device manager says there is a driver error (Code 43) but I try going back to the old drivers and nothing happens, Try using Display Driver uninstall for a fresh install and re-download 337.88 and that doesn't work either - Not sure if the Graphic card is bad because the computer still sees it, and so does Display Driver Uninstall, But I can't run any Nvidia software on it and Nvidia Inspector doesn't recognize the card either. Like my previous post, this laptop has been nothing but a headache for me since i got it and if this is really a bad video card.... I really don't know what else to do, since Asus RMA department seems to be run unprofessional.

sorry for the bad grammar

Thanks
24 REPLIES 24

FalconFX
Level 7
well thats why i dont update my drivers unless there is a problem with them, i got the JH like 15 days ago, got 2 notifications for nvidia updtaes to 337 and now 340 but i didnt, in fact im still running on 311.93 that came with it out of the box, and for what i do, it works good, so for me 10-15% gain in performance is not worth the problems that might occur from the update, i really have no clue for you man and sorry, but you might want to do a recovery fresh install to see if it will fix the issue 😞

FalconFX wrote:
well thats why i dont update my drivers unless there is a problem with them, i got the JH like 15 days ago, got 2 notifications for nvidia updtaes to 337 and now 340 but i didnt, in fact im still running on 311.93 that came with it out of the box, and for what i do, it works good, so for me 10-15% gain in performance is not worth the problems that might occur from the update, i really have no clue for you man and sorry, but you might want to do a recovery fresh install to see if it will fix the issue 😞

I know... I really dont want to do a fresh recovery if i dont have to because I would have to back up all my stuff again.... but I might have too..

Bruno2284 wrote:
I know... I really dont want to do a fresh recovery if i dont have to because I would have to back up all my stuff again.... but I might have too..

Hold a little someone that might have a clue for this, and remember dont update if you dont have to 🙂

Bruno2284
Level 7

So I when back to the original video driver and nothing, but I just ran GPUZ and it's seeing everything.... So I have no Idea why the drivers are not loading in the start, Do I need to reflash the bios of the Video Card ? and How do I do that ?

Bruno2284 wrote:
So I when back to the original video driver and nothing, but I just ran GPUZ and it's seeing everything.... So I have no Idea why the drivers are not loading in the start, Do I need to reflash the bios of the Video Card ? and How do I do that ?

Bruno2284, relax, and stop panicking... it isn't a disaster until you declare it is, which you are starting on the path to do... stop 🙂

It is a Windows Driver. It can be removed and a new driver installed.

The Stable driver for the JM/JS/JZ is 332.60, download it from Asus here:

The G750JS download area:
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=G750JS&hashedid=ky0AhxAwBK7zaRx3

Direct download for the 332.60 driver:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/DriversForWin8.1/VGA/VGA_nVidia_Win81_64_VER918133260.zip

You want to do a Custom => Clean Install - check the box at the bottom left of the driver list to install, that will uninstall the current driver and do a clean install of the 332.60 driver.

Reboot, and that should fix it.

You will have to go into the Nvidia Control panel to reset all your settings, as a clean install removes the configuration files.

Let us know if that worked 🙂

Under rare circumstances, you can use the Display Driver Uninstaller to remove all previous vestiges of old Nvidia drivers:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

KoolASUS
Level 7
The safest way to "uninstall" a driver is, of course, to use a Windows Restore Point what you would have created just BEFORE upgrading.... and only if you didn't change ANYTHING ELSE on your laptop.... so it works good if you just want to "test" a new driver for some hours or days.
I already did this several times.

Kelusion
Level 7
'NEVER INSTALL ANY NVIDIA DRIVERS FROM NVIDIA WEBSITE OR THE AUTO UPDATE FROM THE GEFORECE EXPERIENCE TO UPDATE THE NVIDIA GRAPHICS DRIVER, NEVER. YOU HAVE TO WAIT TILL ASUS THE MANUFACTURER OF YOUR LAPTOP RELEASES A VERSION ON THEIR OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF THE SAME UNLESS THEY DO NEVER RELY ON ANYWHERE ELSE, THIS WILL BREAK YOUR COMPUTER AND YOUR PRECIOUS SYSTEM AND ITS GAMING EXPERIENCE COMPLETELY.'

With that being said lets get you back to where you were, I have a G750JZ but I will try my best to help you, I have installed the latest at that time (337/.88) from Nvidia when I got the laptop, then it failed during the installation, then I went straight to the ASUS Support and downloaded the latest from there (337.88), and till then I have absolutely no issues with any driver or anything, 337.88 is my version, and after this I made a pledge to never do it again anyway, the below options will work either way and you will not be required to reflash and anything, just follow them completely, you can pick 1 or 2 as you like,

1. Go to Control panel > Program and Features > Uninstall Nvidia Latest driver you installed from there > Restart the system > then go to ASUS Official Support for your laptop and install the install one from here expand the VGA,

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=G750JS&hashedid=yql3Rpr80XDgQJbl

Run games and see if everything is back to normal, if yes perfect read the header of my msg one more time and please keep the support page for any downloads of your G750JS, its a very good laptop and DO NOT break it by any means.

If NO, then follow below,

2. Right Click Start > System > On the Left Hand System Protection > System Restore > Choose the date before the installation of the latest NVIDIA Driver by clicking 'Choose a different Restore Point > Apply Restore > Voila, your system should be back to before the changes were even made and crashed.

Follow the above points if 1 does not work then apply 2. I'm pretty sure you'll be back to square one before the driver update. Let us know how it works out for you don't be completely destroyed just yet 🙂
Where to find latest Asus Rog G750/751 drivers?

Please use search in the forums, there might be alot of threads which have similar answers to what you are looking for!

Kelusion wrote:
'NEVER INSTALL ANY NVIDIA DRIVERS FROM NVIDIA WEBSITE OR THE AUTO UPDATE FROM THE GEFORECE EXPERIENCE TO UPDATE THE NVIDIA GRAPHICS DRIVER, NEVER. YOU HAVE TO WAIT TILL ASUS THE MANUFACTURER OF YOUR LAPTOP RELEASES A VERSION ON THEIR OFFICIAL WEBSITE OF THE SAME UNLESS THEY DO NEVER RELY ON ANYWHERE ELSE, THIS WILL BREAK YOUR COMPUTER AND YOUR PRECIOUS SYSTEM AND ITS GAMING EXPERIENCE COMPLETELY.'

With that being said lets get you back to where you were, I have a G750JZ but I will try my best to help you, I have installed the latest at that time (337/.88) from Nvidia when I got the laptop, then it failed during the installation, then I went straight to the ASUS Support and downloaded the latest from there (337.88), and till then I have absolutely no issues with any driver or anything, 337.88 is my version, and after this I made a pledge to never do it again anyway, the below options will work either way and you will not be required to reflash and anything, just follow them completely, you can pick 1 or 2 as you like,

1. Go to Control panel > Program and Features > Uninstall Nvidia Latest driver you installed from there > Restart the system > then go to ASUS Official Support for your laptop and install the install one from here expand the VGA,

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=3&m=G750JS&hashedid=yql3Rpr80XDgQJbl

Run games and see if everything is back to normal, if yes perfect read the header of my msg one more time and please keep the support page for any downloads of your G750JS, its a very good laptop and DO NOT break it by any means.

If NO, then follow below,

2. Right Click Start > System > On the Left Hand System Protection > System Restore > Choose the date before the installation of the latest NVIDIA Driver by clicking 'Choose a different Restore Point > Apply Restore > Voila, your system should be back to before the changes were even made and crashed.

Follow the above points if 1 does not work then apply 2. I'm pretty sure you'll be back to square one before the driver update. Let us know how it works out for you don't be completely destroyed just yet 🙂

I did try both options, but I still have the issue.

This is what it shows.

Bruno2284 wrote:
I did try both options, but I still have the issue.

This is what it shows.

DO a simple restart then see if it shows the hardware is working correctly instead of that, if not then follow below,

Try this and let us know how it works,

To resolve this problem, do the following.
To open Device Manager, click Start, click Search programs and files, and then type Device Manager. A list of available matching items appears above the search box; click Device Manager. Device Manager opens with your computer name at the top and a list of devices that are installed on your computer beneath your computer name.

Locate the malfunctioning device in the list of devices, right-click the device, and then click Uninstall. When a warning message appears that you are uninstalling a device from your system, click OK. Device manager uninstalls the device.

Right-click your computer name in Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes. Device manager scans your system and automatically reinstalls your device.

Right-click the device and click Properties. On the General tab of the device Properties dialog box, in Device status, you should see the message This device is working properly.

Let us know if you see the msg, This device is working properly message on your Device Manager after doing the above steps. Strange but System Restore should have fixed this too unless the hardware is broken but this error screeenshot you posted of Device Manager is a common error, googling up can bring you alot of interesting articles so I doubt its hardware related.
Where to find latest Asus Rog G750/751 drivers?

Please use search in the forums, there might be alot of threads which have similar answers to what you are looking for!