cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Last official geForce drivers for G75 ?

Just
Level 7
Hi,
Officially, last VGA drivers on site have version V9.18.13.1100.02 and were released 2013/02/20. But after that Nvidia has released A LOT of updates. But when I install some of that drivers my laptop freezes (here are many threads about that).
Need for speed rivals doesn't even start with V9.18.13.1100.02 drivers and show error about old drivers.
So, why ASUS doesn't support new drivers for TOP line of notebooks ??
5 REPLIES 5

Clintlgm
Level 14
I don't know what your issue is. I just installed the latest NVidia driver this week and all is working well. Are you doing Clean Installs every time and if you don't have a 3D model are you still allowing the 3D stuff to install? Of Course I get all these driver straight from NVidia. How old is your OS you could be having multiple problems a Clean install of your OS might be helpful Restore that Image you made right after you had the OS installed and all your software and drivers up to date. Install that Image then try clean installing the NVidia drivers again.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Just
Level 7
That freezes is not only on my pc. Here are many threads about the same issue. That freezes are spontaneously, without any system, when I browsing internet, playing games, listening to music, etc.
PS. My OS is Win7 x64, maybe problem in this ?

GottiBoi55
Level 10
I clean installed the nVidia driver set 340.52 that was released 2 days ago.
I have no problems, I tested some of my graphic intensive games without a issue.
I also agree, maybe you need to refresh/reinstall your O/S!

I do a O/S refresh/reinstall, like every six months or so.
GottiBoi55
Asus
G750JZ-DS71 Windows 10 Pro (x64)
Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
Samsung
24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
SanDisk
M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
Second Monitor: Shar
p Aquos 32"

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Just wrote:
Hi,
Officially, last VGA drivers on site have version V9.18.13.1100.02 and were released 2013/02/20. But after that Nvidia has released A LOT of updates. But when I install some of that drivers my laptop freezes (here are many threads about that).
Need for speed rivals doesn't even start with V9.18.13.1100.02 drivers and show error about old drivers.
So, why ASUS doesn't support new drivers for TOP line of notebooks ??

Not sure how important this is, but I remember more people complaining about this on the G75VX model which I'm guessing you have, instead of the G75VW model which Clintlgm and GottiBoi55 have, so you may want to tell us your full G75 model name just to make sure we are all talking about the same notebook model? If you have the G75VX model, hopefully we can get more suggestions/solutions from those members if the G75VW members aren't able to figure it out. Thanks!

Edit: FYI. Just checked the ASUS download site and both G75VW and G75VX models have the VGA driver V9.18.13.1100.02 posted if this means anything.

I always update to latest betas from GeForce Experience and I have no issues so far.